Question regarding residual hauntings.

now one more question to add to this train of thought...... if a poltergeist type situation is created by the living but can at times become its own entity.....could the energy of a residual haunting/phenomena do the same....could this energy become an actual entity.

Yes, please do Paulm. Help push the boundaries of the threat as you see appropriate or interesting.

Reactions: Paulm
now one more question to add to this train of thought...... if a poltergeist type situation is created by the living but can at times become its own entity.....could the energy of a residual haunting/phenomena do the same....could this energy become an actual entity.

That is a great and truly frightening question.

But I'd like to know where this thought leads us. Because back to one my first premises of this thread on removing or nullifying a residual haunting. Could that supposed new separate entity then be manipulated out of the place of the original residual haunting thus ridding that location of same???

Reactions: Paulm
Hello PNF Crew,

I don't know why but I feel essentially compelled to post this question. I don't intend it to be rhetorical so I hope I word it correctly to elicit the right kind of inputs.

Many members of the PNF have been able to help other members and visitors with issues relating to intelligent hauntings, possessions, attachments, menacing entities, etc. It seems that our members have personal experience with and/or knowledge of how to combat these things.

Does anyone have any input on how to combat a residual haunting? This question assumes that the haunting is not being caused by a single discernible object which might be easily removed from the premises.
Remodeling a structure and replacing as much material as possible will increase activity in the short term but decrease the activity long term I believe. Especially if everything has been kept the same since they died. As well extra blessings and asking angels for protection and guidance to free those who are stuck or lost. Then to state that the space is yours. That time has changed and they need to move on( if there is anyone listening).

Some residual hauntings like a car driving down a road, or a soldier on a battlefield, or a child walking or cleaning, etc may not end and when one risidual haunting ends another can begin. Think of these just as the weather. It will pass and it has nothing to do with you, just what's going on around you. If it is a visual apparition then I would just ignore it and carry on. However if it is a residual "emotion" then that is different for me. If it is negative one can assume there are living negative entities feeding off of it. I would increase blessings and use a Buddhist/Hindu technique that works well for me. Use a spirit bell or music to break up the energy. This can be used on intelligent spirits as well. Also if you don't have bell or music you can sing or hum or say mantras which is have the same effect. If you carry on a solid tone it works better for me. Kind of like throat singing but not exactly. It's good when you can feel the waves of the sound or hear them the tops and the bottom of the sound wave. "Om" is a ancient sound that is a very important to Hindus. Singing bowls are good for holding the constant tone.

That is a great and truly frightening question.

But I'd like to know where this thought leads us. Because back to one my first premises of this thread on removing or nullifying a residual haunting. Could that supposed new separate entity then be manipulated out of the place of the original residual haunting thus ridding that location of same???
I think the energy would stay the same even after the spirit left. Energy is like food for them. Think of them like any living animal. You leave out food they come. The food is still there regularly they learn to come to that location (or person) to feed. Like a habit. Others would be drawn to that location still and another spirit would likely come. Many spirits are wandering constantly on their own agenda others are more drawn to people or energy because of their own mental state. Some people are introverts some are extroverts. Not all spirits are foaming at the mouth to attach to a person. Some are....

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
So what are some event that we should agree would not be part of a residual haunting?

For example, I think we might agree that “seeing a ghost” visibly would be within the realm of a residual haunting as might the distinct sound of footsteps.

So, would a heavy door unlatching and opening apparently on its own be part of a residual haunting?
Doors closing very well be residual.

What is not residual? Physical touching, channeling, scratching, speaking, growling, banging, moving/throwing objects.

Here's the thing with a visual apparition. A residual apparition will NEVER acknowledge your existence. They likely won't look at you if they do they will just carry on or dissapear. They will appear totally uninterested in you. However if a man is just standing there looking straight at you it's probably not residual. If they follow you it's not residual. If they appear in your dreams it is not residual. If they take your stuff it's not residual.

As well on EVP, it is possible to get residual on EVP. They won't be responding to to your questions. You'll just hear rambling or repeating stuff. Example: hearing cards shuffling at the poker table, hearing footsteps or sounds of coitus in a brothel. It can be hard sometimes to know if it is risidual or just a spirit conversing. The key Is that if it is risidual you will be getting very similar stuff over and over and over many times with or without prompt. Whereas a intelligent spirit would answer your questions before you ask or after or during your question. Or say things that are not repeated over and over and have meaning. For example "I'm gonna get you." "Control" those are direct messages but if you just get someone rambling or something it could be intelligent. Another thing that suggests intelligence but it's not always intelligent are the "I" or "we" statements example "I'm cold" could be residual or intelligent but it suggests intelligence. Others are not so easy to tell like battlefield EVP's "don't leave me here they're still out there!" (A EVP of a wounded soldier at the battle of Gonzales) could be intelligent but it could be residual. The sounds of cannons could be residual or intelligent. Battlefield EVP's are always mysterious.

Also commands are intelligent 9 times out of 10 or higher. Example "bring me alcohol" would be intelligent.

I'm afraid I've had no experience of poltergeist, so can't comment.
However, can residual energy become an actual entity?..probably not but here's an account of something that happened over in Ireland.

A married couple moved into another house.
Soon after, the husband began physically attacking his wife.

After examining the situation, it turned out there was residual energy of a very violent man in their house.
The husband of this married couple had also been very violent in his past but eventually managed to control it.
Now, being exposed to this violent residual energy, it somehow managed to trigger his suppressed violent tendencies.
Now he had no control over them.

Residual energy might appear to take on a life of its own.
But it probably only inspires certain behaviour in those who come into contact with it.

So what are some event that we should agree would not be part of a residual haunting?

For example, I think we might agree that “seeing a ghost” visibly would be within the realm of a residual haunting as might the distinct sound of footsteps.

So, would a heavy door unlatching and opening apparently on its own be part of a residual haunting?

My understanding is that residuals can be seen, heard or smelt but are unable to physically interact with anything. Whatever energy is being projected is simply replaying the exact same set of circumstances as the were recorded.

For example, think of a residual of a man standing at the end of a table which is coming from that table. If you were to stand that table on one end then the next time you see that residual the man would be floating sideways in the air because it's coming from the prospective of the table.

There have been cases where an old building is torn down and a new one constructed on the same stone foundation and residual activity is seen as either an apparition walking in mid air or the top half of an apparition moving along the ground. This is due to the new floor being a few feet higher or lower in relation to the one that was there at the time the residual was recorded.

For this reason I would be skeptical to attribute any activity where something is physically moved to a residual haunting. The sound of a latch or door with no actual movement could be residual but I'd think there would need to be some sort of intelligence in order to impact the physical environment.

My understanding is that residuals can be seen, heard or smelt but are unable to physically interact with anything. Whatever energy is being projected is simply replaying the exact same set of circumstances as the were recorded.

For example, think of a residual of a man standing at the end of a table which is coming from that table. If you were to stand that table on one end then the next time you see that residual the man would be floating sideways in the air because it's coming from the prospective of the table.

There have been cases where an old building is torn down and a new one constructed on the same stone foundation and residual activity is seen as either an apparition walking in mid air or the top half of an apparition moving along the ground. This is due to the new floor being a few feet higher or lower in relation to the one that was there at the time the residual was recorded.

For this reason I would be skeptical to attribute any activity where something is physically moved to a residual haunting. The sound of a latch or door with no actual movement could be residual but I'd think there would need to be some sort of intelligence in order to impact the physical environment.

This was a really entertaining read SD. I was not expecting the imagery you shared in your post.

Everyone who has posted here has provided me so much to think about. I love these “chats”.

Thank you SD. I’ll be certain to get back to you once I’ve finished documenting the one, all inclusive explanation for residual hauntings. ;)

Reactions: Stevedog and Debi
Agreed on that. The more I thought on that the more sure I got about it.