Question on Friday

Discussion in 'Your Paranormal Experiences' started by mf5176, Feb 8, 2019.

1. mf5176

mf5176
    Expand Collapse

Hi, as I am new here wanted to ask a question or two or a hundred...?

Anyone here ever been afflicted by "Depersonalization" and if so do you believe that there's a connection between that condition & your level of awareness..? For me at least it's a Yes, It got me thinking outside the box & basically disposing of the "box" at an early age.

It's the state where you feel like you are witnessing/observing yourself do things, you lose sense of immediate self /detach from it . Depersonalization can be a frightening experience, typically it's triggered by traumatic experiences.

I grew up with that & can clearly remember trying to work my way thru it at kids birthday parties/playing little league etc when I was a child, I'd never tell anyone as I was convinced that I was crazy..

I did eventually outgrow it but didn't even know what is was until a few years ago...Just curious ..

Armand and Herbal Jaguar like this.
  2. 3kim

3kim
    Expand Collapse

After reading this It got me thinking of when I was younger I often felt like I was witnessing things in the third person. I also have almost no memory of my childhood and its not due to any traumatic event, injury or anything. Ever since the age of 13 or 14 I couldn't remember anything from my early years, I wonder if there is a connection there.

Armand likes this.
  3. Duke

Duke
    Expand Collapse
    Open-minded critical thinker

We know Charles De Gaulle was afflicted with something similar to this. He always spoke of him self in third person, evaluating his own actions as if he was talking about some else. He made his subordinates do the same as well, not addressing him in meetings directly, speaking about De Gaulle as if De Gaulle wasn't there. Ike and Montgomery hated his games. My favorite De Gaulle quote, "De Gaulle is not always right, but he is always certain." Speaking of himself, of course.

Mokey and Debi like this.
  4. Debi

Debi
    Expand Collapse
    Owner/Admin
    Staff

Lynne, Mokey and Charleh like this.
  5. Charleh

Charleh
    Expand Collapse
    Please insert coffee
    Tier-1 Mod

I have a tendency to dissociate. A lot. Ever dissociate so hard that you eavesdrop on a conversation that you're in?

6. Armand

Armand
    Expand Collapse
    Tier-1 Mod

is this a therapeutic question or is it spiritual? That may sound like an odd question but there is a difference. I cannot answer therapeutically or get to involved spiritually but if you need I will pray for you.

Lynne and Mokey like this.
  7. Lynne

Lynne
    Expand Collapse
    Truth seeker
    Tier-1 Mod

I have not expierenced this. I am aware of this condition however.