Question on Friday

mf5176

Reaction score
Hi, as I am new here wanted to ask a question or two or a hundred...?

Anyone here ever been afflicted by "Depersonalization" and if so do you believe that there's a connection between that condition & your level of awareness..? For me at least it's a Yes, It got me thinking outside the box & basically disposing of the "box" at an early age.

It's the state where you feel like you are witnessing/observing yourself do things, you lose sense of immediate self /detach from it . Depersonalization can be a frightening experience, typically it's triggered by traumatic experiences.

I grew up with that & can clearly remember trying to work my way thru it at kids birthday parties/playing little league etc when I was a child, I'd never tell anyone as I was convinced that I was crazy..

I did eventually outgrow it but didn't even know what is was until a few years ago...Just curious ..

After reading this It got me thinking of when I was younger I often felt like I was witnessing things in the third person. I also have almost no memory of my childhood and its not due to any traumatic event, injury or anything. Ever since the age of 13 or 14 I couldn't remember anything from my early years, I wonder if there is a connection there.

Reactions: Armand
We know Charles De Gaulle was afflicted with something similar to this. He always spoke of him self in third person, evaluating his own actions as if he was talking about some else. He made his subordinates do the same as well, not addressing him in meetings directly, speaking about De Gaulle as if De Gaulle wasn't there. Ike and Montgomery hated his games. My favorite De Gaulle quote, "De Gaulle is not always right, but he is always certain." Speaking of himself, of course.

Reactions: Mokey and Debi
Hi, as I am new here wanted to ask a question or two or a hundred...?

Anyone here ever been afflicted by "Depersonalization" and if so do you believe that there's a connection between that condition & your level of awareness..? For me at least it's a Yes, It got me thinking outside the box & basically disposing of the "box" at an early age.

It's the state where you feel like you are witnessing/observing yourself do things, you lose sense of immediate self /detach from it . Depersonalization can be a frightening experience, typically it's triggered by traumatic experiences.

I grew up with that & can clearly remember trying to work my way thru it at kids birthday parties/playing little league etc when I was a child, I'd never tell anyone as I was convinced that I was crazy..

I did eventually outgrow it but didn't even know what is was until a few years ago...Just curious ..
is this a therapeutic question or is it spiritual? That may sound like an odd question but there is a difference. I cannot answer therapeutically or get to involved spiritually but if you need I will pray for you.

Reactions: Lynne and Mokey
I have not expierenced this. I am aware of this condition however.