Question (explanation for question later)

Good point Oz.

This happens even in our mundane life - where two people looking in the same direction don’t see the same objects or actions. So why should two peoples perceptions of the paranormal be any different.

Did you look to see what he was pointing at?
It's funny that you ask that. In the years since it happened we both have talked about it many times, and that is the only thing we don't remember exactly. We both remember everything the same until it comes to the closet. I don't remember ever looking over at it but Nicole says that I looked over to it and stared at for a long time squeezing her arm to the point that she had bruises and a small cut from my nails. I don't remember looking at the closet and I have no blank spot in the memory. I remember freaking out at the man and trying to explain that there was a man there and that we weren't messing with them, and then I remember him just being gone. Now Nicole remembers it the same way but she says that after we were telling them what the man looked like our cousin Wade jokingly asked what he was pointing at and we both said the closet and I looked over at it and just keep staring unresponsive and squeezing her arm. And then I just snapped out of it and then he was gone. I remember her asking me what I was looking at and I just brushed it off on her meaning the man but it wasn't until a little later when we were telling someone about what had happened when she told that part and I was freaked out because I had no recollection of that. At the time I thought she was just trying to freak me out so I asked the two cousins who were with us and they also said that I was staring at the closet in like a trance. I am honestly still terrified of that closet, all of my cousins are afraid of that closet even the ones who don't believe in the paranormal. To the point that when we were cleaning out my Grandparents house when we were selling it no one would go in, we had the movers go in and box up what ever was in it. And those boxes are with my moms biological mother and I along with most of my family have a bad relationship with her so no one knows what was in there.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
It's funny that you ask that. In the years since it happened we both have talked about it many times, and that is the only thing we don't remember exactly. We both remember everything the same until it comes to the closet. I don't remember ever looking over at it but Nicole says that I looked over to it and stared at for a long time squeezing her arm to the point that she had bruises and a small cut from my nails. I don't remember looking at the closet and I have no blank spot in the memory. I remember freaking out at the man and trying to explain that there was a man there and that we weren't messing with them, and then I remember him just being gone. Now Nicole remembers it the same way but she says that after we were telling them what the man looked like our cousin Wade jokingly asked what he was pointing at and we both said the closet and I looked over at it and just keep staring unresponsive and squeezing her arm. And then I just snapped out of it and then he was gone. I remember her asking me what I was looking at and I just brushed it off on her meaning the man but it wasn't until a little later when we were telling someone about what had happened when she told that part and I was freaked out because I had no recollection of that. At the time I thought she was just trying to freak me out so I asked the two cousins who were with us and they also said that I was staring at the closet in like a trance. I am honestly still terrified of that closet, all of my cousins are afraid of that closet even the ones who don't believe in the paranormal. To the point that when we were cleaning out my Grandparents house when we were selling it no one would go in, we had the movers go in and box up what ever was in it. And those boxes are with my moms biological mother and I along with most of my family have a bad relationship with her so no one knows what was in there.
Sounds like there was something there you were suspose to find ! A will ? Treasure? Ashes? Darn it You were suspose to look :D I wonder if the closet has the same feel now that the contents have been removed ? Id smudge the heck out of it too.

Sounds like there was something there you were suspose to find ! A will ? Treasure? Ashes? Darn it You were suspose to look :D I wonder if the closet has the same feel now that the contents have been removed ? Id smudge the heck out of it too.
There are times where I wish we had just gone in it but we were always too freaked out by it. But then I remember how creepy it felt just walking by it I think we are better off having not gone in there because who knows what was in it. Also it's kind of interesting to me having it just be a mystery forever. And since the house sold I always wonder if the new owners have the same feelings about that closet. And if they experience any of the things that we had experienced.

Reactions: Lynne and 7Critter