Question (explanation for question later) UPDATE

L.S.

Reaction score
I posed the question last November about one person seeing a ghost and the person right next to them not seeing a thing, well here's the reasoning behind the question. The wife and I were in bed, she was asleep and I was trying to fall asleep. She made a couple grunts like something was happening in her dream, then suddenly she awoke screamed NO and began flailing her hand and arm above me. Being startled I asked what the heck was going on, she said that she sees a dark mass with black eyes reaching into my body trying to take my soul. I told her I don't see anything, she responded "it's right above you", I replied "I see nothing" and started swinging my arms above me saying "see nothing". I got up and turned on the light and said "see nothing", she said "it's still there but up on the ceiling now". I told her "nothing was going to harm us" and turned off the light and got back into bed. I asked "Is it still there"?, she replied "yes, but it's staying on the ceiling". about five minutes later she was asleep again. The next day I asked her about it and she swore to me that she wasn't dreaming and was fully awake. Being married 22 years she has never been jolted awake like this or seen anything paranormal. Whats your take?

Reactions: 7Critter
I posed the question last November about one person seeing a ghost and the person right next to them not seeing a thing, well here's the reasoning behind the question. The wife and I were in bed, she was asleep and I was trying to fall asleep. She made a couple grunts like something was happening in her dream, then suddenly she awoke screamed NO and began flailing her hand and arm above me. Being startled I asked what the heck was going on, she said that she sees a dark mass with black eyes reaching into my body trying to take my soul. I told her I don't see anything, she responded "it's right above you", I replied "I see nothing" and started swinging my arms above me saying "see nothing". I got up and turned on the light and said "see nothing", she said "it's still there but up on the ceiling now". I told her "nothing was going to harm us" and turned off the light and got back into bed. I asked "Is it still there"?, she replied "yes, but it's staying on the ceiling". about five minutes later she was asleep again. The next day I asked her about it and she swore to me that she wasn't dreaming and was fully awake. Being married 22 years she has never been jolted awake like this or seen anything paranormal. Whats your take?
Well, I could go a few ways with that. As you don't seem to have suffered any effects from it, it's possible she was still in dream state but awake and aware. The mind is a really strange thing and can glitch out at times. Another possible is astral body. Black masses have been reported from those astral projecting. And then there are spirits, entities, etc. etc. The key here is you are not saying youv'e had more activity of the paranormal kind. Normally, if you have an experience, more events follow.

Reactions: Lynne
And congrats on 22 years together! In this day and age that can be rare!

Reactions: Lynne
Thank you, maybe I’ll write about how I met her, not paranormal but definitely interesting.
We ladies love a good love story.

As for your black mass...this was a while ago, correct ? No other issues since ? If not then I wouldn’t worry. Your wife protected you in the instance it was needed. I wonder if you were going through stress or some type of upset at the time? Negative emotions and stress seem to attract these negative entities. They seem to feed off the negative energy.

As for who can see and not see these things? It may depend on our vibratory level or brain waves at the moment. I’m just hypothesizing of course. Perhaps some people are just tuned to their station at the moment. Perhaps your wife had the right frequency at the moment that allowed her to see it. Thank goodness because I believe her.

Reactions: Mokey and 7Critter