Question about sound pitch and correlation to paranormal experiences.

Has anyone ever heard of a suggested correlation between a recognized audible upward shift in pitch and the concurrent experiencing of any kind of paranormal phenomena - possibly spirit communications?
I’d think so but I think my tinnitus is a whole different ball game ;) I actually notice different tones or even secondary tones when the energy changes in my vicinity.

But there was a study done with the ambient noise coming from appliances. People who owned appliances that hummed in a major key brought on more positive energy while hums in the minor keys brought about negative or low energy to the place.

I’d think so but I think my tinnitus is a whole different ball game ;) I actually notice different tones or even secondary tones when the energy changes in my vicinity.

But there was a study done with the ambient noise coming from appliances. People who owned appliances that hummed in a major key brought on more positive energy while hums in the minor keys brought about negative or low energy to the place.

Sorry to hear (seriously no pun intended but I see one coming) about your tinnitus Charleh - I understand that is a serious health concern.

I can totally relate to the appliance research you’re quoting. I have a refrigerator sitting about 12’ behind my right ear when I sit in my favorite chair and it burps, growls, and farts some serious sounds. I am convinced they are all in a flat key but uncertain if they are major or minor scales. One thing for certain, the sounds from the fridge remind me of operatic baritones...sounds very sad.

Sorry to hear (seriously no pun intended but I see one coming) about your tinnitus Charleh - I understand that is a serious health concern.

I can totally relate to the appliance research you’re quoting. I have a refrigerator sitting about 12’ behind my right ear when I sit in my favorite chair and it burps, growls, and farts some serious sounds. I am convinced they are all in a flat key but uncertain if they are major or minor scales. One thing for certain, the sounds from the fridge remind me of operatic baritones...sounds very sad.
I heard this one theory that the ringing blocks out the voices or something like that :eek:

Reactions: garnetsilver
I heard this one theory that the ringing blocks out the voices or something like that

Yes to this Charleh. I’m open to the possibly that this high pitched (“audio feedback” kind of sound) might have something to do with mediumship including but not limited to a counteracting symptom.

Yes to this Charleh. I’m open to the possibly that this high pitched (“audio feedback” kind of sound) might have something to do with mediumship including but not limited to a counteracting symptom.
You think some of the ringing I hear might have something to do with that? I mean I already know I’ve been sensitive to the supernatural for as long as I can remember.

Throughout most of my life, I have had intermittent short but significant upward shifts in audible input.

I’ve always nicknamed them, “The sound of silence”.
I think I know what you mean! Once, many years ago I had accompanied my mother to a cathedral. As we were praying, I felt this sensation - the best way to describe it was a break in all ambient sound around me, as if something or someone was about to speak. But I didn't hear anything after that.:disappointed:

You think some of the ringing I hear might have something to do with that? I mean I already know I’ve been sensitive to the supernatural for as long as I can remember.

Just a minor hunch but I’m wondering.

Im still not fully understanding the question. Do you mean an association with sound and a paranormal event?

Im still not fully understanding the question. Do you mean an association with sound and a paranormal event?

I apologize Lynn for being too vague. I was trying not to accidentally prejudice anyone’s answers. For fuller disclosure, I’ve run across two instances of mediums who state one of their common indicators of spirit communication is a ringing or high pitch buzzing in their ears.

I was wondering if anyone here has ever experienced or heard of something similar.

I apologize Lynn for being too vague. I was trying not to accidentally prejudice anyone’s answers. For fuller disclosure, I’ve run across two instances of mediums who state one of their common indicators of spirit communication is a ringing or high pitch buzzing in their ears.

I was wondering if anyone here has ever experienced or heard of something similar.
No worries Wands. I’m just a little slow in understanding some concepts :rolleyes:

Another time that sound comes into play is “out of body” expierences. They are accompanied by a vibration or swinging feeling along with various sounds. The one time I was almost out (before chickening our ), I heard a roaring like putting a sea shell to your ear. I wonder if this noise you describe is part of interdimensional contact or travel.