Psychic Rat population of Edinburgh

Cass

Reaction score
I have a friend who lived and worked in Edinburgh.
We both studied for our medical degrees there.
He's a Pathologist now, I went on to become a psychiatrist.

He believes in practically nothing but thought I might be interested in one of his own, personal experiences.

The city of Edinburgh was becoming overrun by rats, so the council decided to do something about it.
On one agreed night, they arranged to administer a mass poisoning; Warned the locals to keep their pets inside etc.
The night before all this was to happen, my friend was walking in the dark, through the main park of the City.
He stopped walking to fill his pipe with tobacco; when he lit a match to light his pipe. he saw he was completely surrounded by thousands of pairs of tiny red eyes, all looking towards his light.

He recognised them as rats; somehow they had got wind of their intended fate and decided to move on to another place. He did admit that somehow their psyche had connected to the thoughts of those, planning to poison them.

It's no big deal really, this sort of thing happens all the time, but we don't often get a chance to witness it, xx

There’s something to be said about a cerain allowance for feral cats in any municipality.

Rats are highly intelligent,have strong survival instincts and like all animals and open people,great intuition.They have lived beside us and been hated for as long as we existed,but we will never beat them.I love seeing animals outsmarting humans,even the hated and outcast animals.Go rats. I use a team of jack russells to sort the rats on local farms, they don't seem to know the dogs are coming.

I have a friend who lived and worked in Edinburgh.
We both studied for our medical degrees there.
He's a Pathologist now, I went on to become a psychiatrist.

He believes in practically nothing but thought I might be interested in one of his own, personal experiences.

The city of Edinburgh was becoming overrun by rats, so the council decided to do something about it.
On one agreed night, they arranged to administer a mass poisoning; Warned the locals to keep their pets inside etc.
The night before all this was to happen, my friend was walking in the dark, through the main park of the City.
He stopped walking to fill his pipe with tobacco; when he lit a match to light his pipe. he saw he was completely surrounded by thousands of pairs of tiny red eyes, all looking towards his light.

He recognised them as rats; somehow they had got wind of their intended fate and decided to move on to another place. He did admit that somehow their psyche had connected to the thoughts of those, planning to poison them.

It's no big deal really, this sort of thing happens all the time, but we don't often get a chance to witness it, xx
What am I missing here ? I don’t see how seeing a group of rats in one area equates to rats moving from another. There is no way to know they are the same rats?

What am I missing here ? I don’t see how seeing a group of rats in one area equates to rats moving from another. There is no way to know they are the same rats?

That's right,
There is no way of knowing for sure.
However, the mass movement of rat populations is so very rare, the event seemed significant, considering their accepted psychic sensitivity.

Reactions: Lynne