Psychedelic Schools for "Shamans"

i have a few friends who vape, going into some of the vape shops its easy to see what direction the businesses are going in, a lot are set up completely with everything you need for pot, they have papers, pipes, bongs, screens etc... everything but the weed itself. they are just waiting on it to be made legal so they can apply for a dispensary license and have an early start on the market.. the drug culture is making a huge comeback, right or wrong, good or bad, I dunno, i get the whole marketing scheme with "shaman" and all, but thats all it is, a marketing scheme. these ppl are not being taught the true ways of a shaman, its just the "cool" factor for those who want to get stoned...lol... knowing how many mushrooms to put in the tea or how much weed to make into butter does not make someone a "shaman". Im sorry, but to me this is just like the new age movement that bypasses so much to get to the end point without teaching ppl the subtle stuff that makes everything work right.

i have a few friends who vape, going into some of the vape shops its easy to see what direction the businesses are going in, a lot are set up completely with everything you need for pot, they have papers, pipes, bongs, screens etc... everything but the weed itself. they are just waiting on it to be made legal so they can apply for a dispensary license and have an early start on the market.. the drug culture is making a huge comeback, right or wrong, good or bad, I dunno, i get the whole marketing scheme with "shaman" and all, but thats all it is, a marketing scheme. these ppl are not being taught the true ways of a shaman, its just the "cool" factor for those who want to get stoned...lol... knowing how many mushrooms to put in the tea or how much weed to make into butter does not make someone a "shaman". Im sorry, but to me this is just like the new age movement that bypasses so much to get to the end point without teaching ppl the subtle stuff that makes everything work right.
Completely, totally, fully AGREE with you on that statement!

I agree . Maybe mushrooms will actually heal some folks minds and give them hope? I just dont have enough experience in that area to say but I can say Ive known some people have been healed with ayahuasca done the right way by a real trained ayahuascaro. Not the local entrepreneur who can get shrooms for people with already questionable reasons for undertaking the experience.
Pleas if anyone is interested in real shamanic , or rather native healing in the peyote way here is a true book that is not made up new age thoughts. I have heard the author on several occasions and this guy is the real deal. Or rather he was an apprentice to the real deal.

Last edited:
Part Two deals with Peyote and its REAL uses,. scary stuff but all true.

Ive always liked mushrooms when i was younger haven't in a long time maybe thats part of the problem .

Having had some experience with drugs in my hippie years, I know that even minute differences in dosage can make a major difference in the experience. This is the case with most drugs, even the prescription ones.

My concern here would be that I hope people don't flock to this as a way to try and take a shortcut to spirituality. This comes from looking within with a clear mind and soul and searching for what your truths are. If people think taking a Timothy Leary approach is going to be a faster route to enlightenment, I can tell you they will be sorely disappointed in that path.

There does seem to be some evidence of good coming from these drugs for some mental disorders, but this should be undertaken with a WELL TRAINED physician or practitioner who knows the medical background and history of the person.

I think with anything, a little doesn't hurt but people have a tendency to abuse anything pleasurable, taking mushrooms too often or smoking weed 24/7,drinking every day is eventually going to mess you up if not kill you and dull or cover up great experiences paranormal. You can be spiritual all day and still feel great and aware without hurting yourself. For me it's the way to go but I still like to relax occasionally.

Ive always liked mushrooms when i was younger haven't in a long time maybe thats part of the problem
I think they do open your mind to other realms but you may only need one session of them, constant use is going to put you in another realm permanently and we do need to be aware of this life while in our bodies on Earth.

You said this very well. Drugs are a short cut to the Astral plane. I don’t think this may just give the user either a terrifying experience or an afermation of another dimension. I don’t think this is the road to becoming inlightened unless there is years of spiritual training first.

Reactions: Paulm and ozentity