Professor says ancient inscriptions prove Old Testament account 'reflects historical reality'

No matter what proof or truth comes out people will believe what they want. You can tell them the sky is blue and they'll still disagree lol. I have seen enough strange stuff through my life to at least understand there are things far beyond this 'world'. I won't say i know for a fact what or where they are, but i can't deny what i experienced scared the hell out of me and also filled me fascination.

A Priest has a daily 1-hour show on Relevant Radio that I've been listening to for somewhere around 15 years. Recently retired as a parish priest but I think he has a master's + in linguistics. " I teach dead languages to comatose students."

Anyway the point is ; this article is a great example of what he called how contemporary accounts at the time dovetail with Biblical accounts. Way back when they wrote down the important things and made copies.

Debi posted about a recent archaeological find that really backs up the book of Maccabees. Father Simon explains that it was included in the Bible because it is an excellent and accurate history of the time , and Jesus would have read it and taught it.

I love this stuff and I hope he stays on the air for a whole long time. Brilliant mind, Chicago guy, and over the years he would tell stories about his friendship with Cardinal George and Rabbi Lefkowitz - 2 big theologians around here.
The cool thing is his Bumper Music is often Gospel Spirituals , old silly commercial jingles , polka, and he would use the Simpsons and Rocky and Bullwinkle as teaching tools.

Old biddy, "Stop mentioning The Simpsons. Bart is a bad role model."

Father Simon, " I will not because that's the only family on TV that still goes to church together."

A Priest has a daily 1-hour show on Relevant Radio that I've been listening to for somewhere around 15 years. Recently retired as a parish priest but I think he has a master's + in linguistics. " I teach dead languages to comatose students."

Anyway the point is ; this article is a great example of what he called how contemporary accounts at the time dovetail with Biblical accounts. Way back when they wrote down the important things and made copies.

Debi posted about a recent archaeological find that really backs up the book of Maccabees. Father Simon explains that it was included in the Bible because it is an excellent and accurate history of the time , and Jesus would have read it and taught it.

I love this stuff and I hope he stays on the air for a whole long time. Brilliant mind, Chicago guy, and over the years he would tell stories about his friendship with Cardinal George and Rabbi Lefkowitz - 2 big theologians around here.
The cool thing is his Bumper Music is often Gospel Spirituals , old silly commercial jingles , polka, and he would use the Simpsons and Rocky and Bullwinkle as teaching tools.

Old biddy, "Stop mentioning The Simpsons. Bart is a bad role model."

Father Simon, " I will not because that's the only family on TV that still goes to church together."
Loved this post Paint. I get so excited when bible evidence is uncovered. For people of faith no proof is needed but for those that are still searching for their faith it may save souls. Bravo for God, now if we could only find the ark.... or prove we already have. This is by no means shade to anyone of other faiths, it is just my personal belief.

He also often mentions that these archaeological finds are very important because of the question " why were they found now ?".
Or, same thing about a saint or mystic that becomes well known at a certain time, or becomes resurgent during a certain time. " Why now ?"
Lynne, I get really excited about this stuff too.

Reactions: Selectric and Lynne