Priest talks about Exorcisms

The musical composer for the movie "The Passion of Christ" was plagued by demonic activity on his computer.

By the way, I've had paranormal experiences involving computers.

The musical composer for the movie "The Passion of Christ" was plagued by demonic activity on his computer.

By the way, I've had paranormal experiences involving computers.
I believe it. Sometimes I think mine is haunted and does stuff just to annoy me.

Reactions: Black Cloud
Lynne's right. One of my favorite Radio Priests has aided in exorcisms. Over the years he's revealed several things. Exorcists are often not long lived.
In general, an exorcism is a long and tedious process over months. He likened it to coaxing a badger out from underneath your porch. So I guess that doesn't make for blockbuster movies.
Prior to an exorcism everyone on that team goes through a period of prayer, fasting, and penance. Jesus was very clear when he emphasized fasting.
What else? Don't try this by yourself at home. For obvious reasons.
It looks like a really good book I'd like to read it.

In general, an exorcism is a long and tedious process over months.

Only if it is a full exorcism. Minor rites of exorcism are much shorter and usually only span over 1-2 days.

One of the main reasons for this is that a priest can usually conduct a minor rite of exorcism at their own discretion and typically conducted if a single diabolical entity is identified.

A full rite of exorcism (or the rite of solemn exorcism), which (in the Catholic belief) can only be conducted under the consent of the Church (and typically following consent from the Vatican), usually requires an investigative period by the Church prior to giving consent to conduct the ritual. Then, an exorcism may be conducted over a period of 'sessions', depending on the entity and what its intended target's physical, mental and spiritual position is. A full rite is normally allocated to a senior priest with years of experience in exorcism but may be assisted by a number of other ordained priests. The main reason behind this is that the most extreme possessions normally involve a 'top ranking' demon who holds a legion of lower demons (or minions) under their control and as such, the possession will normally involve more than one diabolical entity.

An example of this was the account of the exorcism of Michael Taylor from Leeds, England in 1974. The conducting priests documented that they 'pulled' over 40 demons from Micheal, all under control by a higher ranking demon. Unfortunately, following this period of exorcism, Micheal went on to kill his wife in a very brutal way before strangling the family poodle. The Church believed that a number of demons remained attached to him after the initial ritual was conducted. Micheal had no recollection of the event when stopped, wandering the streets all bloodied, by the Police following the incident and spent 2 years in a psychiatric hospital before being released.

Where the Catholic Church requires priests to be trained in the ritual of exorcism rites, in principle, every Christian has the power to command demons and drive them out in the name of Christ.

Now, that's a scary thought...........

It would be interesting to know the backstory of what it took to get the Church hierarchy/his superiors to permit him to write the book, and their review/editing/approval process prior to its release.

I would expect him to do TV/radio/podcast interviews in support of the book. I hope Noory doesn't interview him if he does C2C. George would ask inane questions and waste time telling the priest about having been raised Catholic, but now being "spiritual, not religious." Ian Punnett would be really good doing this interview if he could temper his obvious anti-Catholic bent.