Priest asks for back-up

Yes and the commitment to fasting and spiritual preparation can’t be fun. Nobody wants that job. It has to be a calling I think.

Another common situation ( relatively speaking) that I’ve seen within the Muslim community is that people get into it to deal with their own supernatural affliction then carry on from there. This is because it’s often difficult to find someone who can legitimately do this kind of thing. There are a lot of frauds out there. Then those who do this stuff are both busy (a lot of cases to deal with and many people trying to get an appointment) and in high demand, so to speak. So some just decide to learn it on their own and treat their issues themselves.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
Question, Edge. In your faith, is there anything that mentions once you become involved with a demon/djinn, that it follows you or that you become "tagged" (more likely) to be followed by them?

Question, Edge. In your faith, is there anything that mentions once you become involved with a demon/djinn, that it follows you or that you become "tagged" (more likely) to be followed by them?

No, this is not explicitly mentioned in scripture as far as I know. Mainly human initiated interaction with them would be for black magic. Tagging as you mention would more likely be a result of being afflicted by it or for other reasons, such as love/attraction or revenge. To my knowledge this isn’t mentioned directly in scripture but I could pick out a couple of allusions to it.

No, this is not explicitly mentioned in scripture as far as I know. Mainly human initiated interaction with them would be for black magic. Tagging as you mention would more likely be a result of being afflicted by it or for other reasons, such as love/attraction or revenge. To my knowledge this isn’t mentioned directly in scripture but I could pick out a couple of allusions to it.
Edge, sorry I've been away. Have an ill hubs.

I did find this about the Djinn, tho. Rosemary Ellen Guilley wrote it. Since we are all over the place with this discussion on them, I'll just post the link here. Let me know if you differ with her ideas on them.

A Short Course On the Djinn | Vengeful Djinn

Reactions: Soul Edge and Lynne
Edge, sorry I've been away. Have an ill hubs.

I did find this about the Djinn, tho. Rosemary Ellen Guilley wrote it. Since we are all over the place with this discussion on them, I'll just post the link here. Let me know if you differ with her ideas on them.

A Short Course On the Djinn | Vengeful Djinn

Ah no worries, I hope he gets well soon. That was an interesting read. I find a lot of what she says to be accurate but there are some details that we would differ on, which I will get into more detail at a later time.

Reactions: 7Critter and Lynne
Ah no worries, I hope he gets well soon. That was an interesting read. I find a lot of what she says to be accurate but there are some details that we would differ on, which I will get into more detail at a later time.

I’ll start by mentioning a few of the inconsistencies between what she has said and what I know of the position of the Islamic faith (as far as I’ve learned or at least what my understanding is):
  • In terms of opening locked doors etc. this is something that they can do, which I’ve heard of anecdotally as well.
  • I’ve never heard of them being a particular danger to anyone being the last to leave the market or the first to enter it.
  • Covering of vessels at night is a recommended practice in Islam but doesn’t necessarily have to do with jinn.
  • Extinguishing lamps prior to sleeping was a general recommendation but not specific to jinns or any mention of threats specific to them.
  • Shaytan is the same as satan/the devil and his appeal was not that the jinn get a chance to redeem themselves but that he be given respite until the Day of Judgement to carry on his shenanigans (to mislead the people). He has a vendetta against humanity since their father (Adam) was the cause of his being cast out of heaven. While he himself was eternally damned the rest of his kind wasn’t.
  • Some details about King Solomon and how the jinn carried him (as far as I know in the Islamic belief, his throne was not carried by jinns).

Reactions: Debi
I’ll start by mentioning a few of the inconsistencies between what she has said and what I know of the position of the Islamic faith (as far as I’ve learned or at least what my understanding is):
  • In terms of opening locked doors etc. this is something that they can do, which I’ve heard of anecdotally as well.
  • I’ve never heard of them being a particular danger to anyone being the last to leave the market or the first to enter it.
  • Covering of vessels at night is a recommended practice in Islam but doesn’t necessarily have to do with jinn.
  • Extinguishing lamps prior to sleeping was a general recommendation but not specific to jinns or any mention of threats specific to them.
  • Shaytan is the same as satan/the devil and his appeal was not that the jinn get a chance to redeem themselves but that he be given respite until the Day of Judgement to carry on his shenanigans (to mislead the people). He has a vendetta against humanity since their father (Adam) was the cause of his being cast out of heaven. While he himself was eternally damned the rest of his kind wasn’t.
  • Some details about King Solomon and how the jinn carried him (as far as I know in the Islamic belief, his throne was not carried by jinns).
Thanks for the first hand info on this subject. It’s a very interesting read

Reactions: Debi and Soul Edge