Priest asks for back-up

Demons for us are all jinn. The ones we call demon or devils are just the ones that are evil. Jinn who are good will have similar qualities to angels.

What I’ve referred to as possession encompasses the different steps you’ve described. Even prior to obsession/infestation, there are more subtle influences that can be there without a person even knowing about their presence.
The Christian faiths both Catholic and Protestant appear to view them as demons and angels, with the name Djinn reserved for another type of demon. Rosemary Ellen Guilley writes a lot about this and is known as the best researcher in the paranormal field on the Djinn. Ever heard of her or read any of her books?

I don’t know too much about Islam’s teachings of demons (i know a lot of what you call Djinn) but generally other faiths understand three different phases of demonic activity.

1: obsession or infestation.
This is when they come into your life, and usually this is when they make themselves known.

2:eek:ppression.
This is when they start attacking you until you’re weak enough to either succumb to their forces in the form of sickness and injury.

Then there’s possession. Which is self explanatory :p

Btw, welcome to the forum! I’m glad we’re getting more faith groups joining paranormal discussion. Makes things more interesting.

Thanks again for the welcome but we’ve already met after I posted my intro.

Reactions: Lynne
The Christian faiths both Catholic and Protestant appear to view them as demons and angels, with the name Djinn reserved for another type of demon. Rosemary Ellen Guilley writes a lot about this and is known as the best researcher in the paranormal field on the Djinn. Ever heard of her or read any of her books?

I’ve heard of her though I haven’t had a chance to look into her books.

Reactions: Debi
Gotta be off for the evening onto some other duties here, but shall continue tomorrow. Thanks for the insights so far, Edge. I'm always open to new learning and interpretations of these things.

Reactions: Soul Edge
Pretty much that. There is always controversy on the "how" and the "who".

Right and as per scripture the implementation details aren’t elaborated. So this is largely down to experience. There are some basics like mention of certain prayers being effective against certain types of affliction but not so much the whole procedure as carried out now.

Gotta be off for the evening onto some other duties here, but shall continue tomorrow. Thanks for the insights so far, Edge. I'm always open to new learning and interpretations of these things.

Thanks, and it is always a pleasure to share and discuss these things with like minded individuals. This is a great place to share and discuss. Both friendly and alive.

Reactions: Debi
Is there a shyness it reluctance among priests and other religious figures to get the training and thus perform exorcisms ?
I get the feeling the churches downplay the possession phenomenon most of the time. In order to make that plausible on the one hand, on the other then they can't go around "admitting" all of these possessions exist and that there is a need and shortage of qualified exorcists. Also, it takes a lot of training and time commitment to handle all of the exorcisms - I think they're backlogged! :eek:

Reactions: 7Critter
It's a step many don't wish to take, Critter, for various reasons. First, the danger involved. Second, you then become "that exorcist" guy. It's a label you don't walk away from.
Yes and the commitment to fasting and spiritual preparation can’t be fun. Nobody wants that job. It has to be a calling I think.