Price increases!

Let us all hope that it is a short-lived increase and we get back to normal.

Reactions: Paulm
IMG_4394.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Benway and Paulm
Mrs. GW's favorite ice cream topping, Ghiardellis Caramel, was $3.49 for a 17 oz bottle six months ago. Today it is $5.99.

Mrs. GW's favorite ice cream topping, Ghiardellis Caramel, was $3.49 for a 17 oz bottle six months ago. Today it is $5.99.
I'm seeing these kind of giant jumps on a lot of things on my grocery list! Not just a small jump but BIG jumps like this!

I'm not seeing this generally here, but at the moment pubs can only serve drinks outside, so all the the pubs with no outdoor areas are still shut. Demand now wildly outstrips supply and most pubs are operating on advanced bookings with a deposit. Luckily, my favourite pub and lifelong hangout keeps some space for those of us who just want to drop by and still charges normal prices (for the UK, which is expensive), so I was paying £3.20 per pint of beer. Other pubs, however, are charging £4.50! I think people who booked weeks in advance and then showed up and got stung are going to remember that, and given that everywhere will be reopening soon this seems bad even in a business sense!

Reactions: Lynne
The price of dogs here now is insane with whippets 2 to 5 grand. I was given mine by a hunting mate. The puppy farmers are cashing in big atm :mad: . I was going to breed a litter to keep a couple but I couldn't rip people off selling the others. If I sold them at a reasonable $500 they would just be resold for profit.

Reactions: Benway
It’s all about the lumber. We have a lot of people needing these products. We need to find another type of pulp to use.

Money put into the economy that is not backed causes inflation. Also all the business expenses for covid protection is being passed on to the consumer. To keep it in check prople need to buy less if possible. Price rises not connected to supply issues will adjust.

OK, so now it's just "everything"....

Reactions: GoneWestUtah