Price increases!

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Reactions: Benway and Paintman
Well, honestly, I've been watching the prices on all things creep up quietly and rapidly recently. Betcha didn't notice many cans went from 14 oz. to 13.5. Or that a box of Rice a Roni used to serve 4 portions now is 3 1/2. Or your Doritos just went from a 15 oz bag to a 14.5 oz bag (Family size). Same price or more. (Yes, I actually track this stuff.)

America is running short of wood from Canada, specifically British Columbia!

Lumber is in such short supply in the US that its prices have skyrocketed to an all-time high—so much so that the expense of building the average single-family home has risen by $24,000 since last April to reflect the cost of wood.

The reason, in significant part, is the changing climate—and how it enabled a beetle species to infest forests in the Canadian province of British Columbia years ago.

Read on......

You can count on a 16 year veneer logs and high grade lumber logs trucker to find the "why" it's going on; that trucker being me!

My Swedish built log filled rig is pictured here nearing the dreaded Dark Pages for the real deal.

Corn cobs will eventually be the rave once again! Lol

MK IV ∆=⚾

Last edited:
Reactions: Malaria_Kidd IV
A lot of things have had a price hike, over here the real estate market is through the roof. Everyone wants to leave the cities. The place I bought up the coast has increased by over $100 000 in 4 months.

A lot of things have had a price hike, over here the real estate market is through the roof. Everyone wants to leave the cities. The place I bought up the coast has increased by over $100 000 in 4 months.
The real estate market is hot here as well, Oz. You put it up for sale on day one and it's sold by day 2.

Reactions: ozentity