Preparing for my first paranormal hunt

Probably better for sensitives. Not everyone is sensitive to that stuff or have shut them self off from it.
This may not be quite the direction you were taking this, but regarding personality I am rated as an I N T J . In part that means I am an intuitive thinker .... the opposite of both a sensor and a feeler ( s F ) . My wife is an SF and she is far more aware of the spiritual than I am ... by the time I can tell something is happening, it usually means it is already a stronger force at work. So basically my threshold of noticing things is higher than hers. But I want to change and become more aware if I can.

Reactions: Lynne
But I want to change and become more aware if I can.
the whole thing about being "rated" or whatever, (even by jung....lol), is that it is just a label for skeptic. overthinking or trying to rationalize what you dont understand. in order to become more aware youve got to free those thoughts, drop those labels, and just do it, just "be",...as long as you label yourself or fall into that mindset you will always be just out of reach of full growth or potential. held captive by the slightest doubt

This may not apply to your chosen site but you should still be aware. We have property VERY close to a Native American burial ground. Each burial is outlined with stones and shells. At one end is an opening in the outline. According to present day tribal members, the opening must be used to enter the burial spot. It shows the proper respect for the deceased. If you suspect that this is a possibility watch the ground for the indicators.

Good luck with your investigation.

Now that I have purchased a meter (expected to arrive monday), I have been adding a number of small quick tests of areas that seem unclean or dark ... I am avoiding the menacing. My first week with the meter should be quite telling if this method works.

As for the primary spot mentioned above, it is a small cave which may have acted as a shelter. There are actually many small caves around, but this one has a small stream flowing out of it that might have acted as a fresh water source.

I do not think there would be burial sites right there, but there are historic spots nearby (like an old native ball field) ... so, I will keep my eye out. Thanks.

Reactions: Lynne and Selectric
Well ... it was not expected until monday, but my EMF meter arrived today ... I am like a kid with a new toy.

I went around the house actually testing our electronics, magnetics, and RF frequencies ... we have made an effort to keep things like 5G frequencies to a minimum [we keep our wifi extender 20 ft. outside the apartment, etc'] ... the inside is generally well below recommended ratings. A few devices obvious go too high up close, but the falloff seems quick. I also found that one wall has electrical outlets that are not properly grounded ... not sure what to do since it is not our building.

I will make a chart for official readings and begin testing the paranormal stuff around here and my father-in-law's house soon ... but the cave will have to wait until I have access to a car next week.

Well ... it was not expected until monday, but my EMF meter arrived today ... I am like a kid with a new toy.

I went around the house actually testing our electronics, magnetics, and RF frequencies ... we have made an effort to keep things like 5G frequencies to a minimum [we keep our wifi extender 20 ft. outside the apartment, etc'] ... the inside is generally well below recommended ratings. A few devices obvious go too high up close, but the falloff seems quick. I also found that one wall has electrical outlets that are not properly grounded ... not sure what to do since it is not our building.

I will make a chart for official readings and begin testing the paranormal stuff around here and my father-in-law's house soon ... but the cave will have to wait until I have access to a car next week.
New toys are fun! lol Seriously, it's a good idea to experiment with it as you are doing so you get used to what is base line for most things.

Update 1) I have gone around the apartment and my father-in-law's property ... basically learning to use the meter and get used to electrical interference. I did encounter one small spot at the edge of the property that has a slightly higher reading that I cannot explain ... but overall, not much. Admittedly, nowhere at these two places does it feel like I am being watched or at the level I feel at the cave.

Update 2) It looks like thursday I will have access to a car and will go to the cave. I did find my slightly older videocamera with some Infrared capability and have charged it.

Update 3) I was trying to think of other places to check. The one that stands out most in my mind is an old railroad tunnel that has been turned into a hiking trail. I have gone through it ... and it feels weird. The way I would describe it is I don't want to really go through it or even look through it ... like my eyes want to look away. I had not consciously thought about this until now. I got online and looked it up and it turns out that some people say it is haunted due to a train accident that killed over a dozen passengers several decades ago. Some even report hearing voices. I might try to go there thursday as well. It will make for a lot of driving though.

Update 4) It will have to be a different day, but since there is an ancient indian ballfield nearby that also has carved petroglyphs, I may try to visit that soon as well.

If I do not get anything out of all this, I might be disappointed ... of course, the caution of being careful what you ask for comes into play also.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
Well ... my first big paranormal investigation trip is tomorrow. I expect to leave at 4:30 am and probably not be back until 8:00 pm. It will probably have at least 4 hours of just driving, and at least 2 hours of hiking (with camera and meter gear). It involves at least 2 train tunnels, possibly a couple scenic overlooks, various spots in a forest park which includes the cave mentioned earlier (and other caves if time and energy remain). [oh, plus grocery shopping for two families - that will take awhile with the lines here].

Honestly, I do not know what to expect. I could come back disappointed, with some mild success, or some wild accounts of my own to tell. I guess what I would really like, more than meter readings, is for increased personal sensitivity to this stuff so I can recognize it when it is around me ... I want to be able to cleanse my life of anything hindering it.

Reactions: Debi and Lynne
Well ... my first big paranormal investigation trip is tomorrow. I expect to leave at 4:30 am and probably not be back until 8:00 pm. It will probably have at least 4 hours of just driving, and at least 2 hours of hiking (with camera and meter gear). It involves at least 2 train tunnels, possibly a couple scenic overlooks, various spots in a forest park which includes the cave mentioned earlier (and other caves if time and energy remain). [oh, plus grocery shopping for two families - that will take awhile with the lines here].

Honestly, I do not know what to expect. I could come back disappointed, with some mild success, or some wild accounts of my own to tell. I guess what I would really like, more than meter readings, is for increased personal sensitivity to this stuff so I can recognize it when it is around me ... I want to be able to cleanse my life of anything hindering it.
Thanks for keeping us updated. Good luck!