Preparing for my first paranormal hunt

mottorpop

Exploring Creation
Reaction score
Good day everyone,

I am personally delving deeper into the mysteries of the paranormal / spiritual. After watching / reading / observing for a few years, I want to go out and try this for myself as I do believe in the spiritual, but I am also a bit skeptical of the science sometimes portrayed in videos. I am about to purchase an EMF meter and I have some locations I want to visit to test it with.

The first place I want to go is a cave with a waterfall in it. It is a good 20 minute hike from any structure or power line so there should be minimal to no electronics except myself and my flashlight. It is likely there has been native american activity there in the past. When I go to the cave I get two separate impressions. One is by a group of columns which seem dark like something bad has happened there. Second, and much more strongly, is one spot on the approach / edge of the outer cave where it feels like something is watching / guarding the cave.

I am very curious to see if the meter does anything where I 'sense' something. It may be a double test of both my sense and the meter. Oh, I also have an older black and white digital video camera with near infrared capability ... I may charge that up and take that with me also - but being done in the daytime it may not do well.

Overall, I will probably be ready to go in about two weeks ... so, what are your tips and suggestions for a rookie like me?

Thank you all in advance!

We have several experienced investigators as members who may be able to give you some advice. Be patient...the weekend is upon us and they are normally investigating something somewhere! lol

A bit of advice from someone who has studied the paranormal lifelong...don't assume you have any answers. We honestly don't know what we are communicating with or what the phenomena of ghosts/cryptids/UFO's may actually be. What I will suggest is to have a good spiritual center for protection, because there are times when we stare into the abyss and it stares back.

Gathering evidence, be sure to keep good documentation. As for "tools" to use in the field, I shall leave that to the members who are currently doing investigations.

Protection is key. You never know what you are dealing with. I am not an investigator myself, never will be lol. You don't want something latching onto you. If you seek these 'things' out, they will seek you out. Also, if native american area, i believe there are things that can be done to display respect before 'invading their space'. I'm sure that practice would work anywhere else as well. I hope you find the answers you seek.

Thank you everyone for your reminder / concern for entering such a territory. I have some knowledge and experience with keeping away unwanted spirits (casting off, cleansing, banishing, warding, centering, etc, etc.). I will be careful and try not to let the scientific enthusiasm get the better of me.

Thank you everyone for your reminder / concern for entering such a territory. I have some knowledge and experience with keeping away unwanted spirits (casting off, cleansing, banishing, warding, centering, etc, etc.). I will be careful and try not to let the scientific enthusiasm get the better of me.

There actually is some new science coming forth now that indicates whatever these entities are they are able to feel your motivation and anticipate what you may intend to do. This is something known by the Native Americans for many years and why they show much respect as they interact with these beings.

Some of the latest devices I've heard of while investigating is using the different spectrums of light ie infrared, and more recently I've heard some things about infrasound. I'm still in study mode on these as I no longer investigate due to health reasons, but as I find new things I will be posting them here on site.

Well ... I have ordered a Trifield TF2 meter. It should be here in about a week. After that, it only depends on which day the car is available [I will probably have to combine a shopping trip for a couple families with going to the forest and cave]. If I remember correctly, the digital video camera with some IR capability has a good microphone, so I may let it do the recording if I am bold enough to go that far. I have been to the cave maybe 7 times ... I have never felt threatened, just watched. My degree is in conservation biology, so a certain amount of built-in respect for creation may be on my side.

Reactions: Lynne and Selectric
Some of the latest devices I've heard of while investigating is using the different spectrums of light ie infrared, and more recently I've heard some things about infrasound. I'm still in study mode on these as I no longer investigate due to health reasons, but as I find new things I will be posting them here on site.

I’ve always found it odd that ghost investigators use such devices. My personal experience has been that these spiritual energies want to communicate with me. And 9 times out of 10 I’m not using anything to detect them.

It does make me wonder what makes our brains work on different frequencies from those that cannot detect or communicate without electronic devices.

I’ve always found it odd that ghost investigators use such devices. My personal experience has been that these spiritual energies want to communicate with me. And 9 times out of 10 I’m not using anything to detect them.

It does make me wonder what makes our brains work on different frequencies from those that cannot detect or communicate without electronic devices.
Probably better for sensitives. Not everyone is sensitive to that stuff or have shut them self off from it.

Last edited: