Preparing for my first paranormal hunt

Hope your session goes well. Anticipation always is a 50/50 thing. It seems the more i wanted something to happen, it never did. Before going to location, take deep breaths and clear your mind of that. The important things always seem to happen when least expected.

Reactions: mottorpop
It might be late to mention this, but night-vision cameras need a source of infra-red illumination to function. They won't work by themselves in absolute darkness. Some cameras have built-in illuminators but those typically will only illuminate a small room adequately, in NV mode. For a cave, I suspect you will need a better, aftermarket illuminator.

Last edited:
UPDATE 1) When I plan a big day like this many I have many projects going on at once. Overall, it was a good day. There were some beautiful areas to hike and I saw many species of plants and animals ... and at least one new species for my life list for viewing and watching in the wild - a blue land crab (maybe I can throw in a picture below).

UPDATE 2) Regarding ghost hunting ... it was a disappointment ... although it might help me move forward in different directions. I have had the meter with prayer/meditation, in dark/heavy/unclean areas, near objects that might be cursed, and in reportedly haunted areas ... nothing. What Selectric mentioned about intent might come into play though. And specifically, I went in to see what was obvious ... I did not try to provoke or speak to the spirits. I still felt some presence at the cave, but no animosity from it ... if I am not imagining things and it does exist, then perhaps it has decided I am not a threat ... I am just some guy who enjoys botany, geology, etc. and I am respecting the ecosystem.

UPDATE 3) In terms of magnetic, electric, and radio frequency signals ... I was checking out a lot yesterday also. I know a number of people who say that going grocery shopping is very tiring in recent years ... well, this 2014 car I had to use had magnetic fields way over the recommended limit and quick research says this is common. I also had the nerve to carry the meter into walmart and check a few spots ... the children's toy section was surprisingly low ... the worst section (even worse than the computer sales section) was the checkout line ... is it the checkouts or all the people around me with cell phones? I don't know, but the cumulative effect is pretty high.

Reactions: Selectric
Well ... it is not a great picture, but it records that I saw a blue land crab:
bluecrabetwe.jpg

Good day everyone,

I am personally delving deeper into the mysteries of the paranormal / spiritual. After watching / reading / observing for a few years, I want to go out and try this for myself as I do believe in the spiritual, but I am also a bit skeptical of the science sometimes portrayed in videos. I am about to purchase an EMF meter and I have some locations I want to visit to test it with.

The first place I want to go is a cave with a waterfall in it. It is a good 20 minute hike from any structure or power line so there should be minimal to no electronics except myself and my flashlight. It is likely there has been native american activity there in the past. When I go to the cave I get two separate impressions. One is by a group of columns which seem dark like something bad has happened there. Second, and much more strongly, is one spot on the approach / edge of the outer cave where it feels like something is watching / guarding the cave.

I am very curious to see if the meter does anything where I 'sense' something. It may be a double test of both my sense and the meter. Oh, I also have an older black and white digital video camera with near infrared capability ... I may charge that up and take that with me also - but being done in the daytime it may not do well.

Overall, I will probably be ready to go in about two weeks ... so, what are your tips and suggestions for a rookie like me?

Thank you all in advance!
Good day everyone,

I am personally delving deeper into the mysteries of the paranormal / spiritual. After watching / reading / observing for a few years, I want to go out and try this for myself as I do believe in the spiritual, but I am also a bit skeptical of the science sometimes portrayed in videos. I am about to purchase an EMF meter and I have some locations I want to visit to test it with.

The first place I want to go is a cave with a waterfall in it. It is a good 20 minute hike from any structure or power line so there should be minimal to no electronics except myself and my flashlight. It is likely there has been native american activity there in the past. When I go to the cave I get two separate impressions. One is by a group of columns which seem dark like something bad has happened there. Second, and much more strongly, is one spot on the approach / edge of the outer cave where it feels like something is watching / guarding the cave.

I am very curious to see if the meter does anything where I 'sense' something. It may be a double test of both my sense and the meter. Oh, I also have an older black and white digital video camera with near infrared capability ... I may charge that up and take that with me also - but being done in the daytime it may not do well.

Overall, I will probably be ready to go in about two weeks ... so, what are your tips and suggestions for a rookie like me?

Thank you all in advance!.
Sorry, I'll be hanging out with Ozentity drinking a beer, roasting a hot dog, and NOT irritating those Guardians you sense at the Gate. Take care you are not violating a Sacred Space, carry NOTHING out... that you don't take in... NOTHING. I don't know of any protection guidelines when you are the aggressor (not you personally, but in general) but others here have offered good advice.