Preparedness and Survival Skills

WHAT DO YOU CARRY IN YOUR BUGOUT BAG?

I would say essentials for me would be water trapping tarp to distill water from the air. Handgun for every member at least, hopefully a rifle as well. I aim for 6 knives per person.

Medical supplies, I think are essential are suture supplies. Anti-biotics and antiseptic cream. Handbook on homemade penicillin. Super glue for quickly closing lacerations on the go. Gloves, etc.

I don't think a tourniquet is necessary because if you need one it's probably over already.

Books on how to make natural salves and bandages are also essential. I would try and have at least a little pamphlet on the safe plants in South America and North America each.

Rope, compass, and much more! Basically if you had to throw together a bug out bag in 5 minutes what would you choose to bring and why? What did you decide not to bring?

Further I think a firearm that can fire multiple calibers is essential. A good start is a .357 magnum as it can shoot both .38 special and .357mag interchangeably. 10mm and .40cal also are interchangeable in some weapons but you have to look it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Seahunter
I would say essentials for me would be water trapping tarp to distill water from the air. Handgun for every member at least, hopefully a rifle as well. I aim for 6 knives per person.

Medical supplies, I think are essential are suture supplies. Anti-biotics and antiseptic cream. Handbook on homemade penicillin. Super glue for quickly closing lacerations on the go. Gloves, etc.

I don't think a tourniquet is necessary because if you need one it's probably over already.

Books on how to make natural salves and bandages are also essential. I would try and have at least a little pamphlet on the safe plants in South America and North America each.

Rope, compass, and much more! Basically if you had to throw together a bug out bag in 5 minutes what would you choose to bring and why? What did you decide not to bring?

Further I think a firearm that can fire multiple calibers is essential. A good start is a .357 magnum as it can shoot both .38 special and .357mag interchangeably. 10mm and .40cal also are interchangeable in some weapons but you have to look it up.
Yeah don’t bring a tourniquet unless you have a friend with you. If you have to wrap it around a leg you can’t walk on it without doing further tissue damage. So you need buddy to get you to help.

When I was in cadets I’ve seen both cadets and officers use FMP type packs for their cutlery, Tabasco sauce and other stuff. They took their camp food very seriously!
I remember using the jalepeño cheese spread as money from the MRE's when I was in ROTC at camp Bullis army base.

I typed out a post the other day but I guess it didn't post. I said also feminine supplies, for some reason hardly any survival tips incorporate women's needs. Like making or bringing tampons or pads or something. And spices can be very helpful with treating menstrual cramps.

I remember using the jalepeño cheese spread as money from the MRE's when I was in ROTC at camp Bullis army base.

I typed out a post the other day but I guess it didn't post. I said also feminine supplies, for some reason hardly any survival tips incorporate women's needs. Like making or bringing tampons or pads or something. And spices can be very helpful with treating menstrual cramps.
Good items, Jaguar!

WHAT DO YOU CARRY IN YOUR BUGOUT BAG?

Great start for a bugout bag, Jaguar! :cool: