Preparedness and Survival Skills

What do you guys think are good barter items, other than the obvious, ammunition, food and fuel?

I just realized I have about 18 shot glasses of all sorts of styles. I’m sure if I got no booze to barter I could trade a shot glass for something since it’s useful.
Spices. Salt being a main one.

Spices. Salt being a main one.
Salt would be hard to come by if you’re nowhere near a sea and the stores run dry. It could be worth it’s weight in gold if trucks stopped delivering food.

Reactions: Debi
Vitamins, especially Vit. C, aspirin, Tylenol, etc. All very tradable. I have a huge storage tub of spices and meds on hand.

A few other items would be anything to use as a field dressing, surgical tape, and alcohol to steralize. The pademic that would follow the downfall of society would be huge, and the main killer would then become disease.

Reactions: NobleHouse
Salt would be hard to come by if you’re nowhere near a sea and the stores run dry. It could be worth it’s weight in gold if trucks stopped delivering food.
There's lots of salt springs in various parts of America. Native Americans would make large shallow pottery vessels to collect the mineral water and let it evaporate, and collect the salt, and trade to areas that weren't fortunate enough to have naturally occurring salt. It's easy to identify a salt spring. The first thing you're going to see around one is numerous large fragments of textile impressed pottery, like this one.
salt pan.jpg