Preparedness and Survival Skills

ok, no biggie, was just curious

My Grandfather and his friends introduced me to that world. I was gonna take a year off to go surf the world before college. Then he suggested I go make some money and then go to college. Well college never happened and am happily retired at 45. So I made atleast 1 somewhat good decision in my life.

Reactions: Paulm
If my wife would allow it I'd still be working. I still get offers and she says no to everyone of them. The skulls I do have don't translate to the normal world jobs. Even as a LEO I was bored and didn't get along with alot of my fellow officers. Let's just say I was more laid back and willing to listen and help and my colleagues were not.

Reactions: Lynne and Paulm
My Grandfather and his friends introduced me to that world. I was gonna take a year off to go surf the world before college. Then he suggested I go make some money and then go to college. Well college never happened and am happily retired at 45. So I made atleast 1 somewhat good decision in my life.
ah, ok... so no prior service beforehand. i had a few teammates who went the contractor route after service and a few who went other routes along the same lines.

Even as a LEO I was bored and didn't get along with alot of my fellow officers.
i almost went into law enforcement. but back then our county wouldnt take you fresh out of service with certain MOS's. had to wait a year beforehand. got hired and scheduled for an academy slot but turned it down in the long run. i realized i was ready to decompress and not be in that semi-military atmosphere any longer......lol... so gradually put all that behind me and became a beatnik artist hippy type.....not retired, but no regrets, and a lot of good memories and experience's

Reactions: K9-1
I used to have dreadlocks...now my hair is just long. Fair amount of tattoos and just never looked the part...lol! The PD I was on had no issues with any of it. I hated everytime I had to be serious or professional. I've always had my way of doing things and that laid back surfer mentality. Now I'd like to put some more years in,but I have to accept I'm done.

Reactions: Lynne