Premonitions or forwarnings

Discussion in 'Your Paranormal Experiences' started by boo, Sep 21, 2018.

1. boo

boo
    Expand Collapse

I can't find the Dark Shadows thread, Ghostkind. Where is it in? I will look longer when have more time. Computer is acting up lately. Having to restart it a lot and typing on it is weird with keyboard. It's slower than usual. No viruses in it that I know of. Hope shutting it down will help.

ghostkind likes this.
  2. Lynne

Lynne
    Expand Collapse
    Art Bell fan
    Tier-1 Mod

Well, please take my suggestions lightly , I really have no idea, just thinking out loud here lol. It’s just that you seem to have a strong intuition and empathic people pick up on other people’s emotions. Intuition and empathy are different but I can see how they could be connected.

ghostkind likes this.
  3. ghostkind

ghostkind
    Expand Collapse

i can't find it either. lol. i'll keep looking too.

4. TonyM

TonyM
    Expand Collapse
    Staff

That's very interesting WandS now that you mention it, it was never a stranger or cold calling but family or friends.

WitchAndShaman likes this.
  5. Stevedog

Stevedog
    Expand Collapse

I get these as well. I have described it as a "voice in my head that's never wrong". It usually occurs as a string of thought in my head that I'm not sure where it came from. For example, I might be looking for something such as my keys and as i'm searching I think to myself "They're behind the desk." This turns out to be accurate, except how would I have known. The thought was in my head, but I'm not sure if it came from me or not.

Sometimes the voice deals with more serious matters besides lost keys. I was helping someone move and had a load if furniture in the back of my pickup truck. This was well before the days of smartphones and Google Maps, so I opened up a physical map if the city on the dining room table. Before I even had the map out however I knew the route to take. In my mind I said to myself that I should take street A to highway B get off at street C, ect. Looking at the map I was able to quickly find the route that was just plotted in my mind. Everyone else said that the route I picked was "the long way" and suggested a different way. I looked at the map and in my head said "No, I need to go the other way" and again recounted the string of streets to take. However, I could also see that my route did go several miles out of the way while everyone else was suggesting a very direct route. So even though my head was still telling me that my original path was better, I couldn't think if any logical reason why. So I went against the voice in my head and wound up being the 5th car in a 6 car accident, completely totalling my truck.

One day I was driving to the WalMart, about two blocks from the store I thought, "The Safeway is right here" and I simply turned right at the next intersection instead of left. Immediately I questioned what I was doing. The WalMart was my intended destination and Safeway had higher prices. I thought about turning around but the two stores are literally 3 blocks apart so the nearest place I could legally turn around was the Safeway parking lot. I decided just to continue to Safeway, I was just picking up a few things so the savings would only be a few cents anyway. Unbeknownst to me until listening to the radio on the way home, at the exact same time I was checking out at Safeway a man walked into the Walmart with a gun. He fired several shots at the people checking out and left.

I also have dreams sometimes that come true. One dream I was sitting in the back seat of a friend's car having a conversation. A song comes on the radio and the guy in the passenger seat turns it up then a blue truck runs the red light and hits us. That's when I woke up. I didn't think anything of it until about 2 months later. I was in the back of a friend's car having deja Vu. We were all talking and I could swear we've had the same cinvconversa before. It was then that I remembered my dream. I waited for the next song to come on the radio, because I knew what it would be. When passenger reached for the volume I shouted "Watch out for that truck!" The driver slammed in the brakes and we barely missed getting hit by a blue truck that ran the light in front of us. My friends were impressed that I was able to see the blue truck coming because there was a building at that intersection which blocked our view of where the truck was before I shouted.

7Christie and ghostkind like this.
  6. ghostkind

ghostkind
    Expand Collapse

"take street A to highway B get off at street C"
    i like that. :D

Stevedog likes this.
  7. ghostkind

ghostkind
    Expand Collapse

whenever i went against my instincts and went with someone else's it was disastrous.

Stevedog likes this.
  8. ghostkind

ghostkind
    Expand Collapse

my gosh, stevedog, those were very interesting happenings. you saved your friends' lives as well as your own probably with your dream.

i think you have a strong guardian angel.

Stevedog likes this.
  9. boo

boo
    Expand Collapse

I've had dreams that did come true but off and on. I realized I have seen the future in some of them. It's neat. I'll think I dreamt that. I get lost too easily when driving and my inner voice must be dead or sleeping when I drove. lol I had to write directions down to be able to get somewhere. Now learning gps. But I wish I had that voice when driving. That would come in very hand.

7Christie and ghostkind like this.
  10. boo

boo
    Expand Collapse

The weird thing is Lynn, it's like you say and can be as far as a week when it hits. I had it happen at a writer's con and it was me behind the podium in it. I delayed that from happening so I detoured that one. Maybe they can change if you don't go through with the path you were on. But I've had them a month in advance when it's a loved one I feel it for. Like last time I will see them. Or bad feeling for them. I hate that one. Or world disaster is a beaut. That I really hate. I try to figure them out when they happen. Maybe an empath but I thought more a psychic maybe. I don't know.

ghostkind likes this.