Possible witchcraft?

Treesunocean

Reaction score
Hi, first post, I joined so I could get advice on a situation, there is paranormal activity in a friend's workplace. The workers have experienced doors slamming in their faces, have heard voices calling their name and an apparition, in the shape of a little girl has been seen by many. Recently, the place has been cleansed, the people who performed the cleansing said that the place had a lot of bad energy, and that it could be the result of witchcraft. It is known that the place used to be a residence before it got converted and that a woman died in the area with the most activity.

In this same area, there are some pendulum looking things hanging from the ceiling, in a group of three (pictured above). They want to know what it is and if they should take them down or leave them? They were already there when the owner bought the place. I thought somebody out here might know, as the church people don't seem to have experience with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne and Phoenix
If they concern you, take them down and put them in salt. That is a natural neutralizer. I wouldn't hold "witchcraft" accountable for anything at this point, as some witchcraft is light and some dark. I would be looking more at the fact someone died in the home and where that activity is located.

Who did the cleansing, if I might ask? Was it the church group or an investigative team or other?

Members of one of the coworkers church, but they are also a team, they do this kind of thing a lot and one of them claims to be a medium. They came in and prayed, sprayed holy water and oil, took evp. The medium said that she saw the spirit of an older woman, but that she also sensed an evil presence that was scared away by the praying. They believed that it was there because somebody had performed witchcraft against the owner in the last months, I'm from latin america, and in my culture that type of santeria is really common and people believe in it a lot, business people will consult with santeros and do that against their competition sometimes. But, some of the coworkers aren´t convinced by that explanation, they believe that the place has been haunted for years and that something happened there, that is why they are concerned with the artefacts, they believe that maybe the place was used for rituals, or that it's haunted because of the death.

Hi Treesunocean,
I got interested in your discussion. What are those things hanging from the ceiling ? It is not clear from the picture...before i suggest my point of view. Pendulums i searched, are mostly for divination or communicating with spirits, i read even like ouija board, and can attract many things even not nice ones...so i agree they should be removed and salt is good to cleanse from bad energies as well, I agree with Debi.
My wonder thought is if they are something else place there for protection because there was something hostile there...maybe the lady tried to protect the house from something hostile...so when you remove them the protection might go remove as well. Also if they are worst and some sort of picture or object a person has owned before...maybe they should be handle with special care...
2 very powerful items i know to be used for protection in the house not for the objects themselves are:1- A "Fatima's Hand" as it wards off the Evil Eye and 2- A sweetgrass wreath north american native use for protection. both are normally uses on doors to protect houses. You could Smodge the place as well, burn encens, some crystals like smoky quartz will aborbs bad energy and need to be left for a day and cleanse with Salt for 12 hours at least before they can be use again. Candles are good. Just knowing someone died there, I would make a prayer for the passing with a candle, encens, and salt left in a plate UNDER THE CEILING FAN (supervise for the candle and encens or make sure for fire of course).
I would not try to communicate and know more of what happen but try to help the passed ones rest in peace.
If these objects are pictures or objects from a person...I will place them with the "Rest In Peace" plate or dish you will use to help the passing.
Hope this helps

Reactions: garnetsilver
Hi Treesunocean,
I got interested in your discussion. What are those things hanging from the ceiling ? It is not clear from the picture...before i suggest my point of view. Pendulums i searched, are mostly for divination or communicating with spirits, i read even like ouija board, and can attract many things even not nice ones...so i agree they should be removed and salt is good to cleanse from bad energies as well, I agree with Debi.
My wonder thought is if they are something else place there for protection because there was something hostile there...maybe the lady tried to protect the house from something hostile...so when you remove them the protection might go remove as well. Also if they are worst and some sort of picture or object a person has owned before...maybe they should be handle with special care...
2 very powerful items i know to be used for protection in the house not for the objects themselves are:1- A "Fatima's Hand" as it wards off the Evil Eye and 2- A sweetgrass wreath north american native use for protection. both are normally uses on doors to protect houses. You could Smodge the place as well, burn encens, some crystals like smoky quartz will aborbs bad energy and need to be left for a day and cleanse with Salt for 12 hours at least before they can be use again. Candles are good. Just knowing someone died there, I would make a prayer for the passing with a candle, encens, and salt left in a plate UNDER THE CEILING FAN (supervise for the candle and encens or make sure for fire of course).
I would not try to communicate and know more of what happen but try to help the passed ones rest in peace.
If these objects are pictures or objects from a person...I will place them with the "Rest In Peace" plate or dish you will use to help the passing.
Hope this helps

Thank you for your response, I don't know what they are, I was hoping someone here would know for sure. To us it looks like white quartz on red string, like if it was used to cleanse or keeo something away, but we are not sure they were already there when they bought the place and they were never taken down because nobody thought anything of it until weird things started happening.

The pendulums are very interesting. By description and appearance they look like they have some form of protective purpose. But I am no expert in these things.

Is it realistic to consult with a local santeros to get some kind of conclusive identification of their purpose?

Thank you for your response, I don't know what they are, I was hoping someone here would know for sure. To us it looks like white quartz on red string, like if it was used to cleanse or keeo something away, but we are not sure they were already there when they bought the place and they were never taken down because nobody thought anything of it until weird things started happening.
It is difficult to know what they were used for as it's the intention used during the spell (if that is indeed what it is from) is not easily determined after the fact. The red string combined with the crystal quartz is normally seen as a warding/healing combo and a good thing.

Personally and just in case, i would remove them and place them in salt, and with the "rest in Peace" place if you do it, and replace them with your own protective symbol; like this you do not remove the protection from the house in case that is what they were. I agree that it is too difficult to know exactly of the intent they were used for, so i wouldn't risk leaving them there. If they were to absorbs energy they probably need cleansing anyways. I wouldn't myself reuse them as I find it risky not knowing what they were intended for.
Because of the death happening in the are were they are, i continue to think a 'rest in peace' special prayer or area there would be best with leaving salt there always with smoky quartz.
These energies that try to communicate are really trap for some reason and it is best to help them move on, with kindness of course not to upset it.
If it was me, i would make a Rest in Hope/Peace prayer in my heart, every time a "seeing" would happen, and stay in kindness and compassion for the deceased that is trap; those entities can be very strong and could also be hostile and even make you very ill...mostly if other mediums have assess lots of negative energies there...no joke to play with.
My best advise