Possible EVP reading?

I've been having odd stuff happening lately, from doors opening to stuff disappearing and reappearing, etc
So I decided to do an ESP in the dead of night and got this. (I could not hear it in person, only on the recording and I've upped the volume.
EVP: What do you think of it?
Hi MDK, and welcome. Other than some spurious background noises throughout, the only thing I hear that sounds like a voice is at about the 38-39 second point. At that point I hear an indiscernible, one syllable vocalization, maybe like the sound of someone being suddenly surprised or frightened. Can you tell us what you think you hear?

We have a member here who is very good at analyzing such evidence, but it would be helpful if you could give us more information on the situation. Apparently the incidents you described have started only recently, but is there any thing that has occurred in your life that might have prompted these things? Is this a house or flat? Have you recently moved house? How long have lived in the home? Any noteworthy items you've brought into the home, such as antiques or second hand items? Any dabbling in the occult, like using a Ouija board?

As much information and background as you can provide would be of help.

Thank you, this spirit has being following me for a few years no matter where I go, but has only become this active after started talking to her atleast I think it's female, kinda scared now as I didn't think it was real and I have not played with any Ouija boards or anything other than EVPs.
Personally I hear a women saying "Hey" or "oi"
They do not appear to be malicious, just playable.
One item I could think of is my Pounamu (Green stone), it means a alot in Māori culture.
Here's another take of it:
Maori? Are you in or from New Zealand? Do you mind telling us if you are male or female?

I hear the same vocalization at about the 20 sec mark on this new audio. It still sound like an indiscernible one syllable exclamation, could be "hey" or "oi" as you suggest. Curious what "oi" means wherever you are? I remember hearing that term in both the UK and Ireland, used I think to get someone's attention, much like "hey." If that was the intent with you, it worked apparently.

We have a thread on suggestions for dealing with paranormal activity, the link is provided below. I'd recommend reading through this thread for information you might feel is helpful in your unique situation. Over the next few days or so others here will comment on your posts and probably ask questions. Please don't take offense at these questions. No one will be challenging or doubting you, they'll only be trying to get a better understanding of what's occurring.

Thanks again, I'm from NZ and I'm male.
"oi" in NZ is used to attract someone's attention, generally if they're not listening.
After reading that topic, I believe I've invited this entity to stay in someway or don't want it to go self-consciously or something.
I think it could be a childhood friend or family member, but unable to confirm it or it could even be a spirit in the Pounamu as I believe in the Māori culture and traditions.
Welcome to the forum MDK, I know a few Maori people and used to go the the culture days in the Blue Mountains near Sydney with them. Most were scaffolders and they knew how to party, lol. I usually go on my gut feelings with paranormal stuff and what you feel is usually right if you don't over think it. Do you feel it is a human spirit or something else, does it feel positive or more negative?

I believe they're human, positive energy but appears to be moody, but never has broken/damaged anything, seems to get upset if ignored for too long but also seems to be protective,
I'm not sure what to do about it.
I'll let someone on here with more experience help you with this. Maybe a mum or grandmother watching over you? It can be unnerving but this is probably more common than you think, it's just you are sensitive and open more than most and picking it up.

Reactions: M.D.K
Hi MDK and welcome to the forum :)

I have analysed your second audio clip and it is really interesting. Let's start with the easy stuff first:

It is a voice saying 'Oi' between the timeline 0:20:544 to 0:21:056. It is sampled with the pitches B1, B2 and F# noted which leads me to believe it potentially could be male in origin as opposed to female.

This is the clip's spectral graph:

analysis.jpg

The voice is heard between the two thinner black lines you see.

As the voice spans the whole duration of the sample taken, the only place it can exist is in the red area to the bottom of the selection (the green and yellow areas, and patches of red, are background noise). It has been recorded at a frequency of between 7Hz and 31Hz. That is within, and bordering on, the infrasound range. This is the range of sound that is below human hearing (20KHz - 20Hz). It is also averaging at a -19db to -23db sound pressure.

So, what does this mean?

From the analysis made, and taking your accounts into consideration, there is a good probability that this is indeed an EVP and not just a voice captured from any other source.

I believe they're human, positive energy but appears to be moody, but never has broken/damaged anything, seems to get upset if ignored for too long but also seems to be protective,
I'm not sure what to do about it.

If you know of any local groups or solo investigators, invite them in to do an investigation to find out more about this entity. I would air a voice of caution about opening up to it until you do this. Negative entities can 'appear' to be something they are not to get you to drop your guard down.......

If it is indeed a positive protective spirit, and this is confirmed by an investigation, personally I would invite it to remain in the home (if you are happy to do so), but lay down ground rules that you feel are appropriate. If they get upset by being ignored too long, say 'good morning' and 'goodnight' to them every day - acknowledge their presence. After all, by what you describe, this appears to be what they desire - acknowledgement. Bring flowers into the home and offer them. An investigator may be able to ascertain their favourite bloom and you could make this a gift to them every so often - and they would not be out of place, placed within the home. If not flowers, there may be something else you can 'gift' on a regular basis, as well as complementing the home.

Spirits and the living can live in harmony with each other, but the living must always remain in control.

If you are not happy co-habiting, then an investigator may be able to assist with helping the entity to cross over, otherwise, you will need to get someone with experience in this to help. If they do not want to cross over, then you may have to consider a house cleansing to move them on.

As previously stated by others, there is more advice on these forums that you should peruse, as well as an abundance of knowledgeable members that can offer you their own advice.

Hi MDK and welcome to the forum :)

I have analysed your second audio clip and it is really interesting. Let's start with the easy stuff first:

It is a voice saying 'Oi' between the timeline 0:20:544 to 0:21:056. It is sampled with the pitches B1, B2 and F# noted which leads me to believe it potentially could be male in origin as opposed to female.

This is the clip's spectral graph:

View attachment 34803

The voice is heard between the two thinner black lines you see.

As the voice spans the whole duration of the sample taken, the only place it can exist is in the red area to the bottom of the selection (the green and yellow areas, and patches of red, are background noise). It has been recorded at a frequency of between 7Hz and 31Hz. That is within, and bordering on, the infrasound range. This is the range of sound that is below human hearing (20KHz - 20Hz). It is also averaging at a -19db to -23db sound pressure.

So, what does this mean?

From the analysis made, and taking your accounts into consideration, there is a good probability that this is indeed an EVP and not just a voice captured from any other source.

If you know of any local groups or solo investigators, invite them in to do an investigation to find out more about this entity. I would air a voice of caution about opening up to it until you do this. Negative entities can 'appear' to be something they are not to get you to drop your guard down.......

If it is indeed a positive protective spirit, and this is confirmed by an investigation, personally I would invite it to remain in the home (if you are happy to do so), but lay down ground rules that you feel are appropriate. If they get upset by being ignored too long, say 'good morning' and 'goodnight' to them every day - acknowledge their presence. After all, by what you describe, this appears to be what they desire - acknowledgement. Bring flowers into the home and offer them. An investigator may be able to ascertain their favourite bloom and you could make this a gift to them every so often - and they would not be out of place, placed within the home. If not flowers, there may be something else you can 'gift' on a regular basis, as well as complementing the home.

Spirits and the living can live in harmony with each other, but the living must always remain in control.

If you are not happy co-habiting, then an investigator may be able to assist with helping the entity to cross over, otherwise, you will need to get someone with experience in this to help. If they do not want to cross over, then you may have to consider a house cleansing to move them on.

As previously stated by others, there is more advice on these forums that you should peruse, as well as an abundance of knowledgeable members that can offer you their own advice.
Thank you, Titch. Well done on that.

Welcome, MDK. I am not familiar with the spiritual beliefs you present, but I think the advice given already does a good job in giving you something to base your next moves on. Would love it if you could keep us posted on what's happening with the activity. It's interesting to learn about other cultures and we really appreciate your input on that.

There could possibly be more in the original recording it was 8 mins long, but that's the only voice I could hear, but I'm new to this ESP stuff, pretty sure the "oi" is the only thing though
I've gone back and read the various posts about your situation, and there are a few things I'm not sure I understand. You said you think you are dealing with a female spirit and she's been following you for a few years. You also said you've recently started taking to her. I'm wondering why you started talking to her when you did? Did some event prompt you to speak to her? Did you conclude you were dealing with a female before or after hearing the voice on the EVP? Is this someone you think you might know, or at least know of? Finally, could you expand on your use of the expression "following me for a few years?" Where were you when she started following you, and where has she followed you to in those few years? How many different places of residence have you had in the this span?

Reactions: Lynne
I've also been asking for quite awhile who they are and get no reply.
You don't really know what you are dealing with and it could come across as a loved one and be anything but. These days if I'm not sure I tend not to communicate with entities so I don't give them energy to exist. If this is annoying you it may not be that good.

Reactions: M.D.K and Lynne