Possible Dogman encounter

Wow this was a scary report. Lon seems to think it was authentic because he took the time to follow up. I think you can get a feel for liars after a while and no doubt Lon has delt with a lot of them. This case falls right into the same scenario of the dog man being super scary but not actually attacking the person. They really seem to want to but for some unknow reason they do not. It is obvious to me that this creature had to have seen them, and I do not think they could have climbed the tree in time to save themselves with this creature running right at them. The entity could have pushed their tree down too since they had just seen it do just that. I don't think they could have even outrun a bear. Now it is possible this thing was very far off in the distance, I gathered it was close in reading the story, but perhaps the sighting was far away. The description of seeing the eyes and muscles made me think it was quite close. I believe if this really happened that this entity was held back from killing them by either some universal law, or perhaps the unseen guardian angels protecting these men. I am quite certain that beast could either see them or smell them in that tree and by the grace of God or the universe they are alive to tell the tale.