Possible Cryptid

Zapfusion

Reaction score
This story took place about 5-6 months ago.

A friend and I were walking in a field at about 1-2AM, we had 2 flashlights on us, both pretty dim. We had stopped to listen to our surroundings, as I thought I had heard something like a bird (probably unrelated). we stood there a few minutes listening, and we happened to notice multiple pairs of reflective eyes staring at us from the center of the field. Normally, I would believe it to be rabbits, only the eyes were positioned slightly taller than an adult's eyes would be. I believed it might be a deer at the time, so we just carried on walking. I happened to glance back a few moments later, and saw the thing was getting closer (That's why I no longer thought it was a deer). Needless to say, we booked it back to my house, and we never went back at night.

It makes no sense for it to be a deer, as they usually run from humans. The size rules out any common mammals that live around here (Rabbits, Foxes, Cats), and as far as I know, bears haven't been sighted here for decades. The things were also silent, which was odd considering the field usually had a lot of muddy, water-saturated parts.

Reactions: garnetsilver
This story took place about 5-6 months ago.

A friend and I were walking in a field at about 1-2AM, we had 2 flashlights on us, both pretty dim. We had stopped to listen to our surroundings, as I thought I had heard something like a bird (probably unrelated). we stood there a few minutes listening, and we happened to notice multiple pairs of reflective eyes staring at us from the center of the field. Normally, I would believe it to be rabbits, only the eyes were positioned slightly taller than an adult's eyes would be. I believed it might be a deer at the time, so we just carried on walking. I happened to glance back a few moments later, and saw the thing was getting closer (That's why I no longer thought it was a deer). Needless to say, we booked it back to my house, and we never went back at night.

It makes no sense for it to be a deer, as they usually run from humans. The size rules out any common mammals that live around here (Rabbits, Foxes, Cats), and as far as I know, bears haven't been sighted here for decades. The things were also silent, which was odd considering the field usually had a lot of muddy, water-saturated parts.
Welcome to the forum, Zap! Have you noticed anything else unusual in your area before? Have there been sightings of cryptids reported around you?

If deer think they are hidden they won’t necessarily run. That being said eyes at the hight of an adult human are pretty tall. The fact that you were picking up on something off is a sign too. It’s possible you had a close brush with something strange.

Welcome to the forum, Zap! Have you noticed anything else unusual in your area before? Have there been sightings of cryptids reported around you?
Not really. I'm an avid hiker, and this is the first time something like this has ever happened.

You never know,maybe some bizzare cryptid or entity or worse,could it have been people performing some sort of ritual.I think you may have been lucky to have walked away from it.

I like to walk at night and when you are out then you are in their world. During the day deer might run from you but at night as long as you are downwind of them the deer will come right to you trying to figure out what you are. I got a set of night vision goggles and was amazed at how many critters seem to be more curious than afraid when they see you at night. Poachers use this all the time to make easy kills. They are not generally hunted at night so don't have the same responses. Hogs are even more curious and will almost stalk you though I have never had them bother me. Deer have a sort of "tell me twice" alarm system. If they see you but can't smell you and you don't move or make any noise they don't immediately run. When you see them running away they probably heard you or smelled you first and then when they saw you that triggered their flight.

Welcome to the board. This is a great place and nobody will ever try to tell you that you are crazy or even wrong here. I was just offering a POSSIBLE theory.

Reactions: Lynne