Possible Activity - Brand New House?

Thank you for posting - and the update. I have been an investigator for quite a few years too, so I will give my ideas to your collection -

Keep a "Spook Journal" of all events that happen. Ask all members of the family to contribute. Leave enough space under entries to come back with any explanations you add later on. Make sure to record the date, moon phase and weather conditions.
Just from your posts here I can see that MAY seems to be when things start going on. This could be important.

Now what comes to my mind -
Try and find out what the road into the place was like about 30 years ago. Particularly the road to the lake. Try and find a map or talk to some old timer about what the area was like before they built the houses. I am suspecting that you may be in a parking area for the lake.
Also - talk to your neighbours over a drink, either at your place or just talk if you see them in town - somewhere informal where talk can turn to "weird things happening" - and see if they have experienced anything similar.

This does not sound like it is your property that is haunted. It sounds to me that it is a couple of spirits that are wandering around looking for some help. When I read your post I instantly thought that it was a man and his son that had a boat accident out on the lake.

In other cases like this the spirits usually leave wet puddles or footprints when they visit - so watch out for this.

I wouldn't sage or smoke them out as most of the time they will not be there. I would be inclined to monitor it and research the area or other residents to see if you can resolve the puzzle and put them to rest. Most times they just want to be found and given a proper burial. They should pass over after that.

Thank you for posting - and the update. I have been an investigator for quite a few years too, so I will give my ideas to your collection -

Keep a "Spook Journal" of all events that happen. Ask all members of the family to contribute. Leave enough space under entries to come back with any explanations you add later on. Make sure to record the date, moon phase and weather conditions.
Just from your posts here I can see that MAY seems to be when things start going on. This could be important.

Now what comes to my mind -
Try and find out what the road into the place was like about 30 years ago. Particularly the road to the lake. Try and find a map or talk to some old timer about what the area was like before they built the houses. I am suspecting that you may be in a parking area for the lake.
Also - talk to your neighbours over a drink, either at your place or just talk if you see them in town - somewhere informal where talk can turn to "weird things happening" - and see if they have experienced anything similar.

This does not sound like it is your property that is haunted. It sounds to me that it is a couple of spirits that are wandering around looking for some help. When I read your post I instantly thought that it was a man and his son that had a boat accident out on the lake.

In other cases like this the spirits usually leave wet puddles or footprints when they visit - so watch out for this.

I wouldn't sage or smoke them out as most of the time they will not be there. I would be inclined to monitor it and research the area or other residents to see if you can resolve the puzzle and put them to rest. Most times they just want to be found and given a proper burial. They should pass over after that.
Good ideas on this !

Reactions: garnetsilver

Thanks, I'll make sure to start noting these things as they occur from now on. We're trying to research the area, but so far all we know is the whole thing was cattle pasture for quite a long time.

Things seem to occur in cycles, with long periods of no activity, followed by a few weeks of action, and then back to nothing again. Most recently, we will find that one of the clay pigs has turned (always either a precise 1/4 or 1/2 turn) when we come home.

Also, about a month ago I was in the living room watching tv, my wife in the bedroom, when I heard a voice behind me, again from not to far away in the dining room area, that clearly said either "Umm, no." or "Oh no." Either way, it was a bit drawn rather than a quick voice, more like "Ummmmm, Noooo." Again I verified it didn't come from the tv. My wife said she had not said anything.

Now this next part could have some explanation that isn't paranormal, but I don't know what it would be: Our sectional has heating pads inside the two recliners along with a few other fancy features. The heater on my wife's side suddenly got to the point where it was on all the time. The only way to turn it off was to unplug the entire sectional. We had a tech come out and he replaced the touch screen for the controls, but it didn't fix the problem. When he came out for the second time, he went into the back of that part of the sectional and he looked up at me with his eyes about as wide as I've ever seen a man's eyes get, and he said "Sir, the heating pad is so hot, but it isn't plugged into the unit!" He was freaked out.

Now, I have to assume that he accidentally unplugged it when he was messing with it but he insisted that could not have happened, and showed me what it would take to plug it in or unplug it. I still tend to think that's what happened, but he insisted it was impossible for him to have unknowingly unplugged it.

We are considering setting up cameras in the house to see if/how the dog reacts (she stays in a large kennel when we are at work) throughout the day, since she seems to always low growl at spots on the wall where we see nothing to growl at.

I think recording CCTV would be a good idea here just to keep an eye on what the dog sees.

DVR units are quite cheap and 4 cameras won't run to much.

Reactions: Lynne