Pop's Paranormal Powerpoint Art

mottorpop

Exploring Creation
Reaction score
Good day everyone,

I do some powerpoint presentations and talks. As such, I have learned to make my own powerpoint slides ... not just graphs and charts, but full artwork on quite a variety of topics [often made in the form of 3D renders]. I am starting a new line of images regarding the paranormal to include in my talks.

1) I will be posting images here in hopes of helpful critiques. What can I change about the image to make it better? Not so much the composition and lighting, but the paranormal stuff which I am still a novice at. I will probably start simple and work my way up into more complicated themes.

2) I am not taking requests at the moment, but I am really open to topic suggestions [ for example, a sasquatch in a foggy woods, a dark entity in a bedroom, a haunted train tunnel, etc. ] So, any suggestions?

Thank you all !

PS: Because of a question I received in a personal message, perhaps some background on why I am doing this is in order.

I was suicidal when I was 18. in the 30+ years since, I have learned that life is precious. As such, I volunteer with a children's outreach and have an entire seminar called 'Encouraging Life'. It includes a section about the spiritual aspects of life as questions on angels and demons, blessing and cursing, and miracles and magic do come up. The paranomral images and talk I am adding would just be an extension of that section. So, images and suggestions should remain family friendly and geared towards teens.

Last edited:
Here is a pair of pictures I am already working on as a sample: it deals with the topics of zombies ... the reality of which are all descriptions seem to fit the original tired, lifeless zombie with a sleeping sickness that eventually kills and needs medical attention rather than the hollywood super-powered brain eating things they made for movies.

popzombie1.jpg

popzombie2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Paintman
Well, I went after an easy one tonight ... a foggy sighting of bigfoot. I started thinking, since I am making cryptid images and people do not get a clear look at them, why should my render try to make them look clear. I tend to like reality, even if it is of the unknown.

popforestbigfoot.jpg

Attachments

• popforestbigfoot.jpg
    popforestbigfoot.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 88
Here is a pair of pictures I am already working on as a sample: it deals with the topics of zombies ... the reality of which are all descriptions seem to fit the original tired, lifeless zombie with a sleeping sickness that eventually kills and needs medical attention rather than the hollywood super-powered brain eating things they made for movies.

popzombie1.jpg

popzombie2.jpg
These won’t open for me

Reactions: mottorpop
Well, I went after an easy one tonight ... a foggy sighting of bigfoot. I started thinking, since I am making cryptid images and people do not get a clear look at them, why should my render try to make them look clear. I tend to like reality, even if it is of the unknown.

View attachment 41181
I am confused , are these fake pictures you are making?

I guess the title is confusing ... I was going for the alliteration of 'pops paranormal' and wanted something for illustration and went with 'picture'. I will change it.
It is changed ... I realized I could also use 'powerpoint' ... which also carries the alliteration.

I am not sure why the pictures are not opening for you ... they show on my screen, including when you quoted my entry.

the first ones will also not open for me, the bigfoot pic is cool, nice job. the only critique would be perspective and dimensions. silhouette art tends to make a flat image, cardboard cutout type effect. (a little light reflection to bring out a more 3-d effect would help)..and compared to the foliage in the foreground laid against very large trees in the background, causes a miniature look to a creature that is supposed to be massive. sorry, i know you said no critique on composition, but composition, lighting, perspective, etc... is the basics of all art. and what makes realism.... great job on the bigfoot pic though. i like it....

the first ones will also not open for me, the bigfoot pic is cool, nice job. the only critique would be perspective and dimensions. silhouette art tends to make a flat image, cardboard cutout type effect. (a little light reflection to bring out a more 3-d effect would help)..and compared to the foliage in the foreground laid against very large trees in the background, causes a miniature look to a creature that is supposed to be massive. sorry, i know you said no critique on composition, but composition, lighting, perspective, etc... is the basics of all art. and what makes realism.... great job on the bigfoot pic though. i like it....
Well ... an artist should accept all constructive criticisms ... I guess I will take them ... especially when they make sense ... silhouettes are not something I have done much.

I will also go back and edit the zombie images / reupload them ... perhaps they will work then.
EDIT: the pictures are re-uploaded now.

Reactions: Paulm
Well ... an artist should accept all constructive criticisms ... I guess I will take them ... especially when they make sense ... silhouettes are not something I have done much.

I will also go back and edit the zombie images / reupload them ... perhaps they will work then.
EDIT: the pictures are re-uploaded now.
the "zombie" pics are cool, good job. very "resident evil" look to the top one. has that video game feel to it. ....did you design the background also? what program are you using?, if you dont mind my asking. i do a lot with a wacom tablet and use quite a few different programs to play with... always fun. great job. keep'em coming. cool pics

....did you design the background also? what program are you using?, if you dont mind my asking. i do a lot with a wacom tablet and use quite a few different programs to play with...
The bulk of my actual rendering is done with a program called Daz Studio. However, my workflow also includes Hexagon, 3DCoat, Hitfilm, and either Adobe Photoshop or Clip Studio Paint ... and others on occasion. There are many websites with older models (10 or 20 years old) that are cheap or free and a lot can be done with them with retexturing. You might notice that is the same hallway model in both zombie images, but the hospital one was retextured to look nice.

Reactions: Paulm