Pope to reveal true name of God?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Pope Francis Orders Vatican Secret Archives to Reveal God's Name

Pope Francis Orders Vatican Archives to Reveal God’s Name Ending Centuries of Secrecy

VATICAN CITY – Speaking before a delegation of Jewish leaders at the Vatican on Thursday, Pope Francis revealed he has instructed the Vatican Secret Archives to unseal a set of ancient scrolls that have been kept hidden from public knowledge for centuries by the Church. The scrolls, which were encased in marble and buried in 463 A.D., are said to contain the true name of God as communicated to Moses in the Book of Exodus.

The Pope told an audience during an event celebrating a new version of the Torah that his decision to upend over fifteen hundred years of secrecy was driven in part by a need for “greater transparency” within the Catholic Church. “It is a scandal to say one thing and do another,” declared Pope Francis before adding that the Church is “leading a double life” by continuing to keep God’s name secret.

A source inside the Vatican Secret Archives told Sky News that the Church first became aware of the scrolls’ existence in the fifth century. “The scrolls were uncovered by the Romans during siege of Jerusalem and the subsequent destruction of the Temple in 70 A.D. Nearly four centuries came to pass before Rome would hand over control of the scrolls to the Church in 463 A.D.,” the source explained. “Upon inspection, Pope St. Hilarius issued a decree striking any mention of God’s name from official Church literature.”

According to Exodus 3:14, when the Lord appeared to Moses as a burning bush, He referred to Himself in the Hebrew tongue as “Yaweh,” meaning, “I am who I am.” However, the Holy See now says that was only part of God’s message to Moses. “God said, ‘I am who I am,” the Vatican source told Sky News. “He then followed up with, ‘And I am [this name].’ That final word is what the Holy See plans to make known to the world.”

As to why the Catholic Church has gone to such great lengths to keep God’s true name a secret remains unknown. What is clear is that the Papacy has maintained an unbroken chain of communication in regards to the matter dating back to 468 A.D. “In keeping with tradition, each successive Pope since Hilarius has been made aware of the Lord’s name,” Vatican spokesman Greg Burke confirmed on Friday.

The Vatican Press Office has received more than two million inquiries regarding God’s name since the Pope’s announcement on Thursday. “Our phones have been ringing off the hook,” said one Vatican insider who spoke to BBC News on condition of anonymity. “Understandably, everyone wants to know [His] name,” the insider said. That sentiment isn’t limited to the public. Even the College of Cardinals is getting caught up in the frenzy. According to the insider, the body which serves to advise the Pope has a “friendly betting pool” whose odds-on favorite is “Kevin.”

Welp, looks like I found me a new patron Saint. :p Saint Benedict is gonna be so sad.:(
LOL I KNOW! I had a feeling you'd like him...sooo fitting! (Hey, I actually looked him up to be sure it was for real!)

Reactions: Paintman
One note of caution. Pope Francis is reported to say many things he never said.:( Relevant Radio, did an hour long interview w/ a man who gave an interesting perspective on the why. #1 He shoots off the cuff. #2 He uses country colloquialisms native to his country. They get misunderstood and hopelessly lost in the translation. (Think of a very, very smart Jethro*.:D) #3 Reporters lie to protect their narrative. #4 Not media savvy, unlike JP2, who had Pope Benedict 16 as a backstop. One-Two punch.:cool:
So, most of those things Pope Francis said that made me mad, didn't happen :). Neither did some of the things he said that made me happy :(.
I read one of his books. He really is a down home type of guy. Carries his own bags, lives in a humble small apartment, traded the limo for a Fiat. Wrote a small book, I re-read it, simple, profound, and challenging, "The Name of God is Mercy."
And that may be a hint....................;)

* The Beverley Hillbilly, not the Bible man.

Reactions: Debi
Well why doesn't he just tell us. Why the wait! I was raised Catholic so I'm familiar with it's ways. Power and control seem to rule their decisions. I love the Catholics and consider them brothers in faith but there are things at the upper level that concern me

I dont think its a good idea for EVERYONE to know the name of God. Even the name of Jesus can drive away demons, pretty sure the true name of God could kill somebody. I doubt if anyone really knows any name beyond the Bible or Quran, and if the pope does, i dont think he'll release it.

Reactions: Debi
I dont think its a good idea for EVERYONE to know the name of God. Even the name of Jesus can drive away demons, pretty sure the true name of God could kill somebody. I doubt if anyone really knows any name beyond the Bible or Quran, and if the pope does, i dont think he'll release it.
God didn't tell Moses. He just said "tell them I AM sent you ". I seriously doubt he told the pope. But you are right there is power in the spoken word.