Poltergeists and Psychic Powers

Poltergeist activity tends to be much stronger than typical spirit activity, so this theory does make some sense. Uncontrollable telekinetic or pyrokinetic powers could be an explanation, the "fix" however would be learning to control those powers whereas poltergeist activity can simply end on it's own; sometimes quite abruptly. Usually this involves helping the "source" work through their issues, not training them to focus their energy.

My guess would be something more like a thought form or tulpa. In times of stress and hormones it would be understandable that a young person could create a manifestation completely by accident. Since it's not a planned creation it wouldn't necessarily have a specific purpose or function. I'd think a mindless, confused entity created out of frustration and anger would probably thrash about and throw stuff with no discernable goal.

I tend to think that adolescents have the peak of energy any human can have. Plus they are in turmoil usually. So I think entities come to that situation & feed like pigs at a trough. Banked up with that chaotic surplus they can manifest schenanigans to scare others & milk even more energy that way.

Just a theory I have.

I tend to think that adolescents have the peak of energy any human can have. Plus they are in turmoil usually. So I think entities come to that situation & feed like pigs at a trough. Banked up with that chaotic surplus they can manifest schenanigans to scare others & milk even more energy that way.

Just a theory I have.
I agree and to elaborate a little more I think that people who have more psychic abilities in general expel more energy than others and that some traumatic experiences may give a gift of psychic ability it's not necessary but a part of the equation. So more quantities of entities will be drawn to them

Reactions: Debi and Mrs Cooper
Yet another synchronicity, I was just talking to my cousin about this. She had mentioned that the other night when I stood at her apartment things in her bedroom were being moved. She had never had any kind of activity in that apartment and she thought that maybe I had brought something or someone with me. The next morning she brought it up to me, and I walked through the apartment and I didn't feel that there was anything in the apartment that could possibly be doing these things. She mentioned that she had read an article about people with psychic gifts causing poltergeist activity. I thought she was reaching at straws, but then I realized that the reason I was staying with her was because I have been having a lot of problems and fights with my brother. So I thought she may be onto something,. So I have been meaning to look into if there is a connection between my gifts and causing poltergeist activity when I am in a state of heightened emotions, but I have been swamped and haven't had the time. And instead of doing research I went here and found the research I should have been doing right here.

Just a theory I have.
I agree with your theory. I think each case has to be evaluated on its own because there could me many variables. I think the energy vampires of the other dimension is a likely cause.

I've never seen anything that really links poltergeist activity to any form of life after death. I mean...if they can throw an object across the room, they can pick up a pen and write. So yeah...maybe it's just a completely undirected force emanating from a person who isn't even aware that they are the source