Poll time!!

Would you guys be interested in submitting questions for up coming guests?

• Heck ya!!

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • No thanks

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

JustinCancilliere

Podcaster
Reaction score
Would you guys be interested in submitting questions for up coming guests?

Sure, I'd be happy to offer questions in areas I have expertise or experience. Good questions are important, but what I find offputting are hosts who don't hold guests' feet to the fire and/or raise the BS flag when guests give nonspecific, silly, or just flat wrong answers. I get especially frustrated listening to George Knapp doing paranormal/UFO interviews, the man never challenges his guests.

Sure, I'd be happy to offer questions in areas I have expertise or experience. Good questions are important, but what I find offputting are hosts who don't hold guests' feet to the fire and/or raise the BS flag when guests give nonspecific, silly, or just flat wrong answers. I get especially frustrated listening to George Knapp doing paranormal/UFO interviews, the man never challenges his guests.
Hosts aren't supposed to challenge unless it is obvious BS.
Plus there is no way a host will be able to know everything the guest is talking about; therefore it would be nearly impossible to call a guest out for invalid responses. What one person may deem as "wrong" might not be considered "wrong" by others.

These types of shows are Entertainment.

Hosts aren't supposed to challenge unless it is obvious BS.
Plus there is no way a host will be able to know everything the guest is talking about; therefore it would be nearly impossible to call a guest out for invalid responses. What one person may deem as "wrong" might not be considered "wrong" by others.

These types of shows are Entertainment.

Guess it depends on how you define Entertainment. To me it's not some nitwit "interviewing" a charlatan or wackjob by reading a 3x5 index card list of questions without engaging the guest regardless of the answers received. (Not implying Justin does this, in fact I have yet to listen to any of his shows.) The really good radio hosts do challenge guests routinely, pros like John Batchelor and Art Bell. Go back and listen to Bell's "Dark Matter" interview with UFO "expert" Timothy Good, he s**t-canned him when Good could offer no substantiation for his claims despite being given ample opportunities. Dave Schrader did the same thing with David Adair just a week or two ago on "Midnight in the Desert". Both those guys are A List guests on paranormal/conspiracy radio. Radio professionals engage their guests, they just don't ask a question then move on to the next one on their list.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paintman