Police raid of terminal patient's hospital room

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

You are kidding me, right? OMG! OK, so there could be a problem with the O2 and battery in the vape. Just remove it before puffing. The paste can't hurt anybody so let the man have it! I cannot believe the hospital called the police instead of just "handling" the situation and working it out for a dying patient.

You are kidding me, right? OMG! OK, so there could be a problem with the O2 and battery in the vape. Just remove it before puffing. The paste can't hurt anybody so let the man have it! I cannot believe the hospital called the police instead of just "handling" the situation and working it out for a dying patient.
Funny how they can charge $20 per Ibuprofen pill but if a terminal patient uses something that most cancer patients use is an issue. Seems compassion isn't a necessity in the medical field anymore. I sincerely hope the judge throws this out of court. The man doesn't need this during his last weeks/days.

that is messed up. if that were me and i was still here on the 2nd i would send a friend to court in my place with a note addressed to the courts, the healthcare network, the state of kansas and the horse they rode in on.... im sure you can guess what it would say...........
Cant believe they even gave him a court date. what has happened to compassion and understanding????.

I had to take a few hours away before I could comment again on this.

It appears that treating pain is no longer socially acceptable, even with terminal patients in some cases. I could write a whole op-ed on the topic. I will just say that in all my years in the medical field, I have never had a situation where we had to call in the police on a patient. We handled and solved the problems. We made reasonable accommodations to meet the needs of each patient. I even took a lung cancer patient out to smoke because, as she put it, "I'm dying and I want one." I just removed her O2 and let her go at it. Even mentally unstable patients (one who bit me) got treatment and we just had our own team of PROFESSIONALS to deal with them.

Now if the police brought us a patient, we welcomed the guard with them but still tried to treat prisoners with respect and the care another human deserves even when they are at their worst.

This is what gives cops bad names...ok, a lot of stuff gives cops bad names. I got out because I figured sooner or later I'd be asked to to do something unjust like this. Shame on those cops, shame on whoever reported this guy, and shame on the city/county/state attorney would be okay with charging the guy. That's my rant, you may now return to your regularly scheduled forum posts.

this is another medical story that is crazy, why are doctors even writing these prescriptions for this if theres a shortage for those who actually need them for the intended purpose... sure production and supply will catch up but until then people are in need. and when the manufacturers realize the new interest you know the price will increase due to the "health and beauty" industry being a trillion dollar cash cow..............

this is another medical story that is crazy, why are doctors even writing these prescriptions for this if theres a shortage for those who actually need them for the intended purpose... sure production and supply will catch up but until then people are in need. and when the manufacturers realize the new interest you know the price will increase due to the "health and beauty" industry being a trillion dollar cash cow..............

I've heard about this happening. I have to tell you, between my hubs and myself, I manage over 14 scripts a month, which include inhalers and three scripts that fall in the controlled category. I'm nine times out of ten hitting a shortage or a fight to get them each month. All have been med reviewed as necessary and essential, yet I worry each time I call for a refill if they will be available. This has gotten worse over the past year. I often am concerned that some of my fellow older peeps who have no medical background have some extreme challenges in managing this crazy system to get what they need.

That's ridiculous. It's more about 'law' and less about making people comfortable. I think that for ONCE, they should BUTT out and let people do what they want. Are you SERIOUSLY going to begrudge him something that offers him relief? Bet some of these idiots that don't want any of it out there for any reason would be the FIRST in line if and when something goes wrong.

That's ridiculous. It's more about 'law' and less about making people comfortable. I think that for ONCE, they should BUTT out and let people do what they want. Are you SERIOUSLY going to begrudge him something that offers him relief? Bet some of these idiots that don't want any of it out there for any reason would be the FIRST in line if and when something goes wrong.
OMG, Wolf! That Avatar is just too cute! You made me laugh today! Thank you!

And on a serious note, I agree with your statement.