Police get ghost sighting report

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuY29hc3R0b2NvYXN0YW0uY29tL2NpbWFnZXMvdmFyL2V6d2ViaW5fc2l0ZS9zdG9yYWdlL2ltYWdlcy9jb2FzdC10by1jb2FzdC9yZXBvc2l0b3J5L3RodW1ibmFpbHMvZ2hvc3Qtd29tYW4tMjAxOC8xMDU4NzI4LTEtZW5nLVVTL0dob3N0LVdvbWFuLTIwMTguanBn

A police department in Rhode Island received a rather strange report about a mysterious woman that some suspect may have been a ghost. Cops in the town of Coventry reportedly received the creepy call on the evening of Saturday, September 1st. According to a Facebook post from the police department, a concerned citizen said that they had spotted "a woman wearing a white wedding dress" mysteriously emerge out of the forest along a road.

Making matters all the more unsettling, the caller claimed that the spooky-looking woman was in some kind of distress and was "yelling for help." A pair of police officers, described by the department as "two of our finest young patrolmen" were dispatched to the scene to investigate. However, when they arrived and searched around the scene of the reported sighting, the cops could find no indication of anything amiss nor any sign of the eerie woman in a wedding dress.

In sharing the story with residents, the Coventry Police Department mused that maybe the mystery woman had been "a restless soul" buried in the town's Hopkins Hollow Cemetery or perhaps a legendary Rhode Island ghost named Nellie Vaughn. Although the post by the police asked for any further insights from other potential witnesses, it appears to have been an isolated incident as they apparently did not receive any tips on what, exactly, may have happened that night.

One night Norry did a special line for police officers to call in with their on-duty ghost stories. That was the show where the cop told the story of he and his partner being let into a house by the ghost of the elderly gentleman they found dead on the floor. George has repeated that one countless times since.

Reactions: ghostkind and Debi
One night Norry did a special line for police officers to call in with their on-duty ghost stories. That was the show where the cop told the story of he and his partner being let into a house by the ghost of the elderly gentleman they found dead on the floor. George has repeated that one countless times since.
The ones I would like to hear are the police officers who went into the Gary, IN demon house.

The ones I would like to hear are the police officers who went into the Gary, IN demon house.

Is that the one where the kid was supposedly walking on the ceiling?

Is that the one where the kid was supposedly walking on the ceiling?
Yes. i've read and heard some of the nursing reports who also witnessed this. The family moved here to my neck of the woods now. The Church is still involved with them.

Yes. i've read and heard some of the nursing reports who also witnessed this. The family moved here to my neck of the woods now. The Church is still involved with them.

Was there video taken of any of this? If so, anyone know where it can be seen?

Was there video taken of any of this? If so, anyone know where it can be seen?
I believe there was but not released. Let me see what I can dig up tomorrow on it.

Reactions: Duke
Is this the house that Zac character from one of the ghost hunting shows bought?

Oh that would be great to get a transcript of that show! You know police have heard and seen some stuff they usually won't talk about.