Poetry and artists that are spooky!

Astronomer

Reaction score
I thought i would start a thread on Poetry and artists that can be scary that you can join in posting your items.
I like the old Scottish prayer, below:-
"From ghoulies and ghosties.
And long-leggedy beasties.
And things that go bump in the night.
Good Lord, deliver us!

It is a prayer to all here!

Another poem i like is by Robert Southey, it is spooky and on link below:-

"Cornelius Agrippa" by Robert Southey | Romantic Circles

The Swiss surrealist painter H.R.Giger on video below really gives me the creeps, please join

Last edited:
I thought i would start a thread on Poetry and artists that can be scary that you can join in posting your items.
I like the old Scottish prayer, below:-
"From ghoulies and ghosties.
And long-leggedy beasties.
And things that go bump in the night.
Good Lord, deliver us!

It is a prayer to all here!

Another poem i like is by Robert Southey, it is spooky and on link below:-

"Cornelius Agrippa" by Robert Southey | Romantic Circles

The Swiss surrealist painter H.R.Giger on video below really gives me the creeps, please join

Giger also did the cover for one of the greatest rock albums of the 70s, ELP's "Brain Salad Surgery."

ELP_-_Brain_Salad_Surgery.jpg

another good horror and fantasy artist was Frank Frazetta back in the day. ive been around a few artists and they all seem to have a dark side to them..... some of the best art, poetry and songs are created when under depression. some artists will even induce a depressed state just to try to tap into that vein of emotion and feeling....makes good art but a lousy state of being....lol

Hi Paulm,

I like Frank Frazetta, he also did some very good erotic pictures of the ladies (red face) Ha Ha!
Frank Frazetta - Wikipedia
Hi Duke,
Yes, i liked Brain Salad Surgery, an album that wasn't so good was the Rolling Stones, Goats Head Soup, the inner cover was good but only a photograph, link below:-
http://www.stonesarchive.com/photos/memorabilia-archive-gallery/8-3/
Hi Debi,
Yes "The Raven" is a classic!
When i was a teenager i started collecting Man, Myth and Magic encyclopedia's that you had to collect weekly, on issue one on the front cover it had a painting by Austin Osman Spare, i wasn't keen on the painting, so still find the painter spooky to this day
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/71/Man_Myth_Magic_no1.jpg
Austin Osman Spare - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Reactions: Debi
I have been very interested in Sacred Geometry from a small boy inspired by the great math teachers including Plato and Pythagoras, i have researched the Golden Ratio, Golden Spiral, Phi etc for years that involves pentagrams, pentagons and dodecahedrons, i can spook myself with my drawings, one of which is below....yes i am a little flaky LOL!
upload_2018-9-9_15-38-43.png