PNF general tech discussion

My aforementioned bricked motherboard was an MSI Z170 Gaming M9, which was bricked by an MSI bios update that locked it into an endless cycle of looking for a USB boot disk that didn't exist. The other 3 boxes in the house (wife, son, daughter) are all ASUS boards and run great.

Frankly I think it's just hit and miss on which generation of boards you get from which manufacturer. Since I needed a new board fast, the only thing available locally was another MSI, and frankly it's faster than my original ever was. I still maintain my bitterness, though.

This could very well be

I have run ASUS for years until my current desktop. It has a no name MB ( I hope not ASUS) in it. The MB was re-purposed from a surplussed computer. If I swap it out, I will have to check out MSI. I am not a gamer like some of you.

Reactions: Mokey
I have run ASUS for years until my current desktop. It has a no name MB ( I hope not ASUS) in it. The MB was re-purposed from a surplussed computer. If I swap it out, I will have to check out MSI. I am not a gamer like some of you.

You won't be regretting it.

They used to mostly just supply parts for other computer industries.

Well, they finally figured out if they made computers out of their awesome parts, they'd be in the cash.

And they are.

My MSI boards have been rock solid

MSI builds are pretty easy to they seem to have good layouts on their boards

I need to get a new laptop at some point I left my 10 year old core2duo Toshiba back in Nevada when I moved