Please be mindful with fireworks!

OK, peoples......for those that live in my area, some fireworks are legal, but are confined to be used for the week prior and week after July 4th only. And some of these users are NOT rednecks. They are patriotic people who are using them as a display for the kid's enjoyment. Pretty, sparkly displays. So, being the devil's advocate here, I have to defend their right to use them RESPONSIBLY. I know our animals are impacted by this, as my own were last night. But the neighbor's display was within the law, and we weathered it thro.

I agree that many people abuse the right, but I'd hate to see one more anything banned, outlawed, etc. by the government.
Good points, Ma. The problem in my area, is they give them an inch, and they take mile! I agree, legal ones on the fourth are okay. In my case they are mostly illegal, and are blown off way outside the allowable days and hours that are legal. That's the problem with anything these days, the lawbreakers make it bad for everyone.

Reactions: Debi
OK, peoples......for those that live in my area, some fireworks are legal, but are confined to be used for the week prior and week after July 4th only. And some of these users are NOT rednecks. They are patriotic people who are using them as a display for the kid's enjoyment. Pretty, sparkly displays. So, being the devil's advocate here, I have to defend their right to use them RESPONSIBLY. I know our animals are impacted by this, as my own were last night. But the neighbor's display was within the law, and we weathered it thro.

I agree that many people abuse the right, but I'd hate to see one more anything banned, outlawed, etc. by the government.
Here they are illegal and used year round... That's the biggest 2 problems... At least if you have a time frame that they ARE allowed... You can be prepared... Oh ya and 2, 3,4 in the AM, pretty sure that's not acceptable anywhere?

Yes, there is a time law in there....Midnight to 9AM is a no no. After that, all bets are off!

Here they are illegal and used year round... That's the biggest 2 problems... At least if you have a time frame that they ARE allowed... You can be prepared... Oh ya and 2, 3,4 in the AM, pretty sure that's not acceptable anywhere?
Now to be fair, some of yours ARE gunshots! :eek::p

Now to be fair, some of yours ARE gunshots! :eek::p
Lol ya... BUT I DO know the difference!! I've had to call cops on that! When you can SEE it and the hair on your arm raises..

Ya, a mother who had a son who didn't live with her would come while she was at work. He was part of a gang in town. They had 3 shoot outs 2 years ago... She has since moved from the area... Phew! It was I yard catty corner from our house on street below. Last time the one set was dumb enough to park on our street in front of my neighbor... A cop! And walk down...

Reactions: surge and Debi
Some idiot down the street shot a bunch of fireworks off last night just after dark. I was attempting to let the dogs out, but of course when they heard all the noise half of them ran right back to the door. They are illegal here, period, but no one seems to care. The cops can't do much because they have to catch someone in the act, and even then it's a warning the first time.

Just gets out of hand... One thing if they are legal and there are times that allow setting off etc... Other than that....