Pie

Discussion in 'Owl's Nest' started by Debi, Nov 5, 2019.

1. ozentity

ozentity
    Expand Collapse
    Truth Seeker

LOL,I don't mind the pies,roo sausages are good.I raised my kids to eat roo,they will eat the steaks rare,a bit much for me.My idea was that they would be able to survive happily if times got tough.I think they should encourage this as roos are a sustainable food source that fits in and doesn't damage the environment here.If they did away with stock and harvested roos they could do away with fencing,spraying pasture with chemicals and all the horrors that go along with farming here.I say"Let eating roo be a habit,it's not great, but better than rabbit".

2. WitchAndShaman

WitchAndShaman
    Expand Collapse
    Truth Seeker

‘Nice slogan you got there!

Thanks sincerely for the short education too on value of roo meat. Might be more palatable if it had a snappy nickname like “Pouch Pies”. ;)

20 years ago, a coalition tried unsuccessfully to introduce ostrich as a new white meat source in the USA. One of the key reasons they failed is because they called it “ostrich”. Here we refer to many of our meats by a name other than the actual animal - beef, pork, ham, etc. the poor birds though are still called chicken and turkey and such.

#22 WitchAndShaman, Nov 8, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    ozentity likes this.
  3. Fizz

Fizz
    Expand Collapse

Where’s the chocolate cream pie??? Re-count this election is rigged! Lol

WitchAndShaman, Lynne and Debi like this.