Pie

From the menu,apple.I'm not a big sweet pie fan,I'd rather have the stewed apple with cream by itself.I like savoury pies,sorry in advance to our coat of arms and Skippy, roo and mushroom pies.

From the menu,apple.I'm not a big sweet pie fan,I'd rather have the stewed apple with cream by itself.I like savoury pies,sorry in advance to our coat of arms and Skippy, roo and mushroom pies.
Ok you have to tell me about the mushroom pie!! Sounds good. Is it served hot ?

Reactions: ozentity
Ok you have to tell me about the mushroom pie!! Sounds good. Is it served hot ?
Like most meat pies(mystery bags) we call them here, I'm not sure what's actually in them,but kangaroo and mushroom supposedly.I've only had them from certain cake shops here.They are served hot and as usual here with tomato sauce.I can't tell them from beef,I think that's why I was pleasantly surprised and like them.

Reactions: Lynne
Like most meat pies(mystery bags) we call them here, I'm not sure what's actually in them,but kangaroo and mushroom supposedly.I've only had them from certain cake shops here.They are served hot and as usual here with tomato sauce.I can't tell them from beef,I think that's why I was pleasantly surprised and like them.
Here in the states we call any hot pie or stew in a crust a “pot pie”. Regular pies with fruit or custards are desert pies.

OZ, I was looking forward to reading your description of something buttery and flaky filled with layers of mushrooms and a beef gravy. But then you implied ground marsupial and I’m now on the Team Nooooopy side. “Just say eww to the roo!”

;vo

Reactions: Lynne and ozentity