Picky?

From the list, liver and brussels sprouts. My adds, olives, raw sea food like oysters and fish(sushi), SPAM,vienna sausage or any canned mini weiners.

I love baked sweet potatoes with butter and cinnamon. Yum, its like a desert for me.

Oh, add to the dislike list, cooked cabbage. Raw like in coleslaw is fine, just dont like it when its cooked. Sauerkraut - yuk ! Spinach raw - yum; cooked - prefer NOT.

Last edited:
11. And four of which consist of asparagus, liver, oysters and mushrooms. I'm surprised that onions didn't make the list but for me personally, I'd eat them any day of the week. Preferably sauteed. Mmm-azing. :yum:

11. And four of which consist of asparagus, liver, oysters and mushrooms. I'm surprised that onions didn't make the list but for me personally, I'd eat them any day of the week. Preferably sauteed. Mmm-azing. :yum:
One of the best smells is that of onions and garlic sizzling in a pan.

I won't eat liver and don't think that I want to try snails. That is really about it. I like almost everything. I probably could do the snails since I like raw oysters on a half shell. I tried blood pudding one time and will try to avoid it in the future. It was like pureed liver. I'm not terribly fond of mountain oysters either.

Reactions: garnetsilver
I won't eat liver and don't think that I want to try snails. That is really about it. I like almost everything. I probably could do the snails since I like raw oysters on a half shell. I tried blood pudding one time and will try to avoid it in the future. It was like pureed liver. I'm not terribly fond of mountain oysters either.
My grandson came back from a camping trip and showed me some of his survival food. Let me just say, you should not be able to gogurt Spam out of a tube.

• Wow
Reactions: garnetsilver
Spam is about the only meat thing that I won't eat. It is just way too salty for my taste. I don't use salt. Instead, I love Louisiana Hot sauce and pepper on my eggs and such. My Dad was the exact opposite. If you put a slab of salt on his plate he would sprinkle table salt on it before he ate it.

There were a lot of things that I thought I didn't like until I met my wife. She and her Mama both like to feed a man and they can COOK. I learned that things don't have to be salty and suddenly things that I thought I hated became some of my favorite things.

About the only thing that I put salt on is citrus fruits. I like lemons and grapefruit with salt on them. Now PEPPER, PEPPER SAUCE, and red Louisiana Hot Sauce I put on a lot of things. I love HOT and eat fresh jalapenos and onions with my meals real often.

I think that for some people the "taste" that goes along with a lot of hot pepper things is sort of like a sweet tooth. To others, it is just HOT but to me, it is a very attractive taste. I love fresh from the garden jalapenos. I like to plant a banana or bell pepper plant in among the jalapeno plants and then sometimes get a hot bell pepper or hot banana pepper.

My gardens are mostly peppers of several types, tomatoes of several types, and usually plant green onions on the rows between the bigger plants. I have sometimes like to do hills of white squash and yellow squash running on a fence. I have done a few big gardens with peas, corn, and red potatoes but they are a lot of work and I can get those from a farmers market that is close by. Tomatoes and peppers are just better FRESH off the vine.