Phone Habits

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

139993808_1105025746577422_6827964560291948992_o.jpeg

And would you rather get a phone call or text?

Reactions: garnetsilver
I must admit I don’t talk as much on the phone as before smart phones. I hate to admit I usually default to a text message. It seems to match the fast pace of our lives.

I must admit I don’t talk as much on the phone as before smart phones. I hate to admit I usually default to a text message. It seems to match the fast pace of our lives.
I had to be drug kicking and screaming into the world of cell phones about 4 years ago. My kids insisted because they couldn't text me. When my husband fell off the ladder and landed in the ICU for a month, I'd only had the dang thing for about a month and it came in very handy to keep everyone connected during that time. I will admit to almost crying when I ended the land line. I'd had that phone number since 1990.

I am horrible at texting, yet everyone loves to text me! lol I remind you all there is FB Messenger, email and the Forum. Just sayin'....a keyboard is my friend. lol

We have a landline, primarily because my wife uses it to call/find her cellphone when she loses it in the house. We average less than one call a month that is a legitimate call from someone we want to hear from.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
I've got an iPhone X and the only reason I have it is for business and personal use. I'd been more than happy to stick with Samsung over Apple. Haven't had a landline in years and when I did, I rarely used it. But one of the biggest perks I had with it was that not everybody knew that number and I was free of the annoying robocalls, telemarketers and scammers.

We got a Christmas card from a widower friend on 4 Jan, it was postmarked 13 Dec. Mrs Duke suggested we call him since it seemed silly to send a card back. We wound up getting his voice mail, so the wife left a message. We didn't hear from him, so we tried again a few days later. Same result, two more times. Each time we asked him to call us, but nothing. My wife was now very concerned about his well being, him being over 70 and living alone in the middle of very rural Ohio.

Last Thursday, just about the time the wife was considering calling the local sheriff's office to request a welfare check on the guy, we geot another card from him. He explained he'd love to call us back, but he didn't know our number because he lost his personal phone book. Turns out he had only an old landline phone, hooked to an old answering machine, and no caller ID.

We got a Christmas card from a widower friend on 4 Jan, it was postmarked 13 Dec. Mrs Duke suggested we call him since it seemed silly to send a card back. We wound up getting his voice mail, so the wife left a message. We didn't hear from him, so we tried again a few days later. Same result, two more times. Each time we asked him to call us, but nothing. My wife was now very concerned about his well being, him being over 70 and living alone in the middle of very rural Ohio.

Last Thursday, just about the time the wife was considering calling the local sheriff's office to request a welfare check on the guy, we geot another card from him. He explained he'd love to call us back, but he didn't know our number because he lost his personal phone book. Turns out he had only an old landline phone, hooked to an old answering machine, and no caller ID.
Glad he was ok. That’s quite a story.

Reactions: Duke

You know, it's hard to remember these little details like no caller ID!

Reactions: Lynne and Duke