Phantom doorbell

P.T.

Reaction score
My doorbell rings once most nights at exactly 7:57 PM. No one is ever there.

Hi, P.T. Have you checked the wiring on it?

And welcome to the forum.

Hi P.T., welcome to the forum! You might try hiding somewhere where you can observe the door, and see if you spot anything unusual.

Reactions: Lynne
Hi P.T., welcome to the forum! You might try hiding somewhere where you can observe the door, and see if you spot anything unusual.
I have sat where i can see thru the full glass storm door and heard doorbell ring while observing an empty front step.

Reactions: Seahunter and Debi
I have sat where i can see thru the full glass storm door and heard doorbell ring while observing an empty front step.
Any other activity in the home? Have you experienced anything in other places you've lived? Any history of the home with a death or unusual event?

I also checked all connections & found nothing amiss.
The strangest thing is that while my spouse was away for 8 nites it did not ring at all, but started again when my spouse returned and every nite since.

Reactions: Seahunter
I also checked all connections & found nothing amiss.
The strangest thing is that while my spouse was away for 8 nites it did not ring at all, but started again when my spouse returned and every nite since.
Hmmm.......possibly connected to her energy. It's really hard to tell a cause in something like this. There are so many possibilities. Does she have any psychic gifts?

My spouse was away for 8 nites, while my doorbell did not ring during that time, the nite before my spouse returned the doorbell ranf at EXACTLY 7:57 at our son's home where my spouse was visiting. No one was at the door.

My spouse was away for 8 nites, while my doorbell did not ring during that time, the nite before my spouse returned the doorbell ranf at EXACTLY 7:57 at our son's home where my spouse was visiting. No one was at the door.
Other than being born on Hallowe'en, no.

Reactions: Taliesin and Debi