PGA - LPGA & Duffer's Thread

I'll fix the link when I find it. A grizzly bear was snapping the flag sticks at a Montana Golf Course.
There's a great line about wild animals on the golf course and this was the scariest thing since the monkey was a caddy on The Little Rascals.:p
The monkey wasn't much of a caddy he kept breaking golf clubs.
Redirect Notice
That didn't work

Last edited:
aDqv3K3.jpg

Caddy tries to talk some sense into his Pro. The gallery and the pro crack up.

Reactions: NobleHouse
I'm going to put this here because it's probably the only appropriate thread and we don't have an arts and crafts thread.
I needed to extend the shaft on my putter by 3 inches. Normally this is an easy fix because you just epoxy in an extension ,and let it set up, and cut to length, put a new grip on.:)
But the grip area my putter shaft is filled with lead. So this turned into a project;).
2 years ago I bought a heavy putter. Normally they are very expensive but this one had a short shaft on it and a discount. The idea behind it is to have the putter head itself weigh 450 grams which is more than double a normal putter head. And then counterweight that with 200 g of lead in the grip area of the shaft. Well the counterweight adds to the static weight or ,overall weight of the club- it balances out all of the heaviness of the head.
So the swing weight will feel more like a traditional putter. Swing weight is the perceived weight of the club in action.
It's really good for people with frazzled nerves:p.
Think of a heavy pendulum versus a light pendulum. The heavy one will stay online easier
Here are some pictures from my adventure!

The Boccieri Golf heavy putter looks traditional.
20190328_190221.jpg
Getting the lead out
20190326_152117.jpg
Adding 200 g of lead. I poured in number 9 birdshot and melted it in the shaft. 1/2 inch of lead will melt down to 1/4 inch. 5 inches = 200 grams.
20190327_133605.jpg
Shaft extension installed. Waiting 18 hours for the epoxy to dry. Maybe I am too impatient for 18 hour epoxy.
20190327_143918.jpg

Last edited:
Prepping the shaft prior to grip installation. Sand & file off the dripping lead and epoxy. Wipe clean with alcohol and wrap the shaft with painters blue tape.
20190328_182549.jpg
Install grip using an air compressor set at 40 bar with a fitting that will go into the small hole at end of the grip. Lubricate the inside of the grip and the shaft with paint thinner.
Photo missing.

And now at home with it's old friends once again:)
20190328_193153.jpg

Attachments

• 20190328_193153.jpg
    20190328_193153.jpg
    653 KB · Views: 199
People Magazine had a thing about Phil Mickelson and a country music singer.
The singer came up to him at a wedding the day after T'he Match'. Phil and Tiger for 9 million dollars winner-take-all.
The singer was complaining to him personally about spending 29.95 for the Pay-Per-View. He said something about Phil and Tiger not trying hard enough.
Phil whips out his wallet, produces a $100 bill to repay the guy.
"I won 90,000 of these yesterday. "

I think that goes into the all-time burns.:D

Reactions: NobleHouse and Debi
People Magazine had a thing about Phil Mickelson and a country music singer.
The singer came up to him at a wedding the day after T'he Match'. Phil and Tiger for 9 million dollars winner-take-all.
The singer was complaining to him personally about spending 29.95 for the Pay-Per-View. You said something about Phil and Tiger not trying hard enough.
Phil whips out his wallet, produces a $100 bill to repay the guy.
"I won 90,000 of these yesterday. "

I think that goes into the all-time burns.:D
Ouch! :p

Reactions: Paintman