PGA - LPGA & Duffer's Thread

Paintman

Go Go White Sox
Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score
Anyone going to watch Tiger and Lefty Showdown for a 9 million dollar prize ? I probably will. The alternative is to watch the Chicago Bears commit crimes against football.:(
DlO1xUuWsAAejxO.jpg

Surprisingly this is not a new thing. Shell's Wonderful World of Golf did 4 man skins on TV every year.
I hope this works out. Tiger and Phil may be old, past prime time, but they played themselves on to America's Ryder Cup Team this year.:) (That means they're still really really good.:cool:)

Here is the story about my Dad and Jack Nicklaus winning the Western Open. Back in the 1960s pro golfers did not make a lot of money. They slept in their cars to save on hotel rooms.
Dad was working in Chicago at Price Waterhouse as a CPA. So he got tickets! Like real good tickets. First Tee Box good tickets. The announcer announced the United States Amateur Champion of the world ,Jack Nicklaus. And he was nowhere to be found. Now how the hell are you going to go play golf if there ain't no Jack Nicklaus?
Well the Big Guy put two and two together and ran out in the parking lot and woke Jack up. "You are a being announced on the First Tee." And Jack Nicklaus put on his cleats and stepped into history.
And my Dad is/ was my favorite golf buddy. And I always called him Big Guy. I'm Junior.

Reactions: NobleHouse and Debi
Here is the story about my Dad and Jack Nicklaus winning the Western Open. Back in the 1960s pro golfers did not make a lot of money. They slept in their cars to save on hotel rooms.
Dad was working in Chicago at Price Waterhouse as a CPA. So he got tickets! Like real good tickets. First Tee Box good tickets. The announcer announced the United States Amateur Champion of the world ,Jack Nicklaus. And he was nowhere to be found. Now how the hell are you going to go play golf if there ain't no Jack Nicklaus?
Well the Big Guy put two and two together and ran out in the parking lot and woke Jack up. "You are a being announced on the First Tee." And Jack Nicklaus put on his cleats and stepped into history.
And my Dad is/ was my favorite golf buddy. And I always called him Big Guy. I'm Junior.
That is a GREAT story! Thanks for sharing that one!

Reactions: NobleHouse
The Problem with Hogan
A psychologist explorers Ben Hogan. What made my ears perk up was the reference to Alfred Adler (Sigmund Freud's friend) and his concept of the masculine protest. ( My Grad school was the Adler Institute of Chicago.:)) And while I may not agree 100%, it's a thought-provoking read.

Reactions: NobleHouse