PGA - LPGA & Duffer's Thread

Well he sure is a different breed of cat. Years ago he won the US Open with a broken leg. His Dad was a Green Beret and Tiger works out with Navy Seals. I think that mental toughness brought him back.

I met a guy at the golf shop who had tickets at Augusta. I asked him what do you see that we never see on TV.
Hilly. Very hilly.
That must have been torture when Tiger played Augusta this year.

Two years ago I played a very similar course in
Southern Indiana. Long, steep, tricky ,and a course rating on par with Augusta. And I hate to admit it but walking that place kicked my butt.
( Of course Tiger didn't have to walk so much because he hits the ball straight.)
I remember one hole where my tee ball went in the right rough. 3 wood into the left rough. Tried to lay up with a 7-iron and flew it over the green. Chip on. 3 putt.
I get tired just thinking about it.
That leg looks healed but oddly shaped. He must have had an awful injury. With his bad back and that leg he is doing amazingly well. I love to watch him play still. He was so good in his hayday.

Reactions: Paintman
A neat news story about Olympia Fields Country Club in the Chicagoland area. They are renovating the clubhouse and discovering really cool architecture.

The club used to have four golf courses but they are down to two. I went to a wedding reception there, and it is definitely an old school club. Never played there.

A neat news story about Olympia Fields Country Club in the Chicagoland area. They are renovating the clubhouse and discovering really cool architecture.

The club used to have four golf courses but they are down to two. I went to a wedding reception there, and it is definitely an old school club. Never played there.
You cannot miss Chicago architecture when you see it. Truly iconic.

Reactions: Paintman