Peter Davenport Gone From C2C??

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score
Last night George introduced ufologist Kevin Randle as C2C's news segment UFO guy. After a brief chat, George told Randle he'd talk with him next week. No mention of Peter Davenport, who's done that segment for years going back to Bell. Don't know if Peter quit C2C, got the boot, is having medical issues, is coming back later, etc.

One angle I'm going check out is whether Peter is guesting on the new overnight show WABC launched recently, "The Other Side of Midnight." From what I've read, it tends toward the paranormal and has already snagged a couple C2C regulars as guests. To my knowledge it is not syndicated (yet), but does go head-to-head with C2C. George apparently isn't the most gracious guy in the world when it comes to sharing guests with direct competitors. Also if he is showing up on the other show, and WABC is paying Peter even a pittance for his appearances, that's more than C2C was paying.

I have mixed emotions about Randle. A number of his early books were written with Tom Schmidt, a guy who lied about his education and employment history. Hard to trust a "researcher" who didn't even check out his writing partner's experience and background. Randle also is sporting "Dr." in front of his name, a PhD he got from one of the west coast diploma mills. On the other hand, he's significantly more rational than many in ufology.

Last edited:
Last night George introduced ufologist Kevin Randle as C2C's news segment UFO guy. After a brief chat, George told Randle he'd talk with him next week. No mention of Peter Davenport, who's done that segment for years going back to Bell. Don't know if Peter quit C2C, got the boot, is having medical issues, is coming back later, etc.

One angle I'm going check out is whether Peter is guesting on the new overnight show WABC launched recently, "The Other Side of Midnight." From what I've read, it tends toward the paranormal and has already snagged a couple C2C regulars as guests. To my knowledge it is not syndicated (yet), but does go head-to-head with C2C. George apparently isn't the most gracious guy in the world when it comes to sharing guests with direct competitors. Also if he is showing up on the other show, and WABC is paying Peter even a pittance for his appearances, that's more than C2C was paying.

I have mixed emotions about Randle. A number of his early books were written with Tom Schmidt, a guy who lied about his education and employment history. Hard to trust a "researcher" who didn't even check out his writing partner's experience and background. Randle also is sporting "Dr." in front of his name, a PhD he got from one of the west coast diploma mills. On the other hand, he's significantly more rational than many in ufology.
I was gonna ask you about that! Now, The Other Side of Midnight is Richard C. Hoagland, yes? I have also heard Peter on Clyde Lewis who is also friends with RCH. And George gave RCH the boot a long time ago when he went with Art's network.

If that is WABC out of NYC, that show will have legs. A huge potential audience. $. Heavy advertising.

Reactions: Duke and Debi
Well, The Other Side of Midnight on that station is NOT RHC. It's a local guy. I see RHC having a fit about the name soon.

The Other Side of Midnight with Frank Morano

“The Other Side of Midnight” is live and local radio at its finest, with an emphasis on theater of the mind. Hosted by Frank Morano, a lifelong New Yorker with an encyclopedic knowledge of local politics and an excessive passion for cheese, Star Trek, cigars and martinis, this show takes you where other radio shows don’t dare to tread.

I was gonna ask you about that! Now, The Other Side of Midnight is Richard C. Hoagland, yes? I have also heard Peter on Clyde Lewis who is also friends with RCH. And George gave RCH the boot a long time ago when he went with Art's network.

No, the show name is the same as RCH's show, but the host's name on WABC is Frank Morano.

This is a link to listen to previous shows, just haven't had the chance yet.

I agree with Paint about the earnings potential of a major network flagship station, that's why I said it hasn't been syndicated "yet."

Reactions: Paintman
I have been a coast insider for years and have grown tired of it. This is my last year. George and hosts have the same callers call in often with statements saying how wonderful the station is and what a good job they are doing. I can name them.The guy from long island, the guy from lahoya, etc. The show used to be very interesting but being the only game in town they have grown too sure of themselves IMO. I like George Knapp and thats it. The other hosts are ok .I listen to Dames when he comes on and Palides as well. George asks innane questions often and desnt follow through with a line of questions that go anywhere. Its just like someone sitting there trying to think of something to say to fill in the time. He used to be on his game when Dames came on and still is sometimes but I find it boring lately. If anyone else knows of other ovrnight programs that are worth the listen please post. Maybe Im just burned out with coast.

Reactions: Paintman
Reactions: Walking Goose
I have been a coast insider for years and have grown tired of it. This is my last year. George and hosts have the same callers call in often with statements saying how wonderful the station is and what a good job they are doing. I can name them.The guy from long island, the guy from lahoya, etc. The show used to be very interesting but being the only game in town they have grown too sure of themselves IMO. I like George Knapp and thats it. The other hosts are ok .I listen to Dames when he comes on and Palides as well. George asks innane questions often and desnt follow through with a line of questions that go anywhere. Its just like someone sitting there trying to think of something to say to fill in the time. He used to be on his game when Dames came on and still is sometimes but I find it boring lately. If anyone else knows of other ovrnight programs that are worth the listen please post. Maybe Im just burned out with coast.

You're not going to find a 7 days a week, over-the-air all night talk show with a paranormal theme. Syndicated all night talk shows are few and far between, period.

There are hundreds, maybe thousands, of paranormal podcasts on internet radio. We have a handful of podcasters who are members here. My two favorite podcasts are "Astonishing Legends," and "Monstertalk."

You're not going to find a 7 days a week, over-the-air all night talk show with a paranormal theme. Syndicated all night talk shows are few and far between, period.

There are hundreds, maybe thousands, of paranormal podcasts on internet radio. We have a handful of podcasters who are members here. My two favorite podcasts are "Astonishing Legends," and "Monstertalk."
Thanks Duke and Paintman, adding both to my device to listen to right now.