PET PICS: SHOW OFF THE FEATHERS AND FUR!

I think people can be judged on how they care for their animals.I rarely cry about people although I do care, but there is something about dogs,and cats that really gets my emotions going.I think it's their loyalty and simple love, far beyond human capabilities.

Following the conversation between you and Witch and Shaman for awhile and I'm going to have to join you - I say I'm not an empath nor empathic... but I absolutely bond with animals (and trees lol) If an animal is in pain I will feel it - if it is a domestic animal it's worse. This area is notorious for mistreating domestic animals - especially dogs. They get a pup, get tired of it, shoot it or starve it, or dump it. My county road is a dumping ground and always has been. Over the years I have taken in 24 dogs - I have gone and TAKEN a few right off their logging chains and into my truck in front of the owners (most of who were strangers but I got the word) and I have faced down a whole crew of drunk (really drunk) red-necks at the swimming hole who's big game that day was scaring then shooting them when they ran, a litter of pups (about 4 months old) that were born in an abandoned barn down the road... I was only able to save one as I got there to late - but I had no hesitancy at getting in their faces and would have had no problem making them eat those guns. When I first got here, the old timers (3 families) and I... all within a few miles of each other on this dirt road, all pitched in to take in the abandoned ones... but they all passed and that left me and my kids. Once upon a time my boys brought in a pregnant doggy (BIG DOGGY) and she proceeded to have 14 pups on the coldest night in Arkansas history - we were out in sub-zero temps past midnight bring in tiny pups and their mom - who all proceeded to take up residency in the kitchen all winter long. I was not a wealthy woman - at all... so it was impossible for me to have those animals spayed or neutered or give them good health care but giving them away was a trial because I had to keep going after them because of the treatment they would be getting from those idiots who took them... FINALLY I met a Vet in a small town close by and she took pity on me and the pups... and yes, kitties, several rabbits, and a pot bellied pig... and would give me emergency care and spay and neutered the ones I took in. That Vet has just retired last year, and I am down to 3 doggy's. I have lost another 3 in the last 4 years and it almost killed me. But they have all led good lives (as we could give them) here in the woods and they truly TRULY have been my best friends for all these years. I lost Roach 4 years ago to cancer (he was the first of the 3) he was 10 years old and the sweetest most mischievous and protective little Spirit I have ever known. My sister called the day I had to put him out of his pain and when I told her, she said "that's sad, but it was just a dog Sis" - I didn't speak to her until a few months ago. I have gotten so bad the last few years, I can't watch a movie I think MIGHT have a hurt animal in the plot. lol

So, God Bless all those human's who understand that animals are so far beyond our intelligence, wisdom, capabilities, and compassion's, that many times they give their lives and STILL their love for us is unconditional. THEY are the Guardians - we are just not to that level of Spiritual understanding and can't comprehend that thing.

My sweet boy - Roach

roachers12.jpeg

Shu-Buddy ruling the roost
shu-buddiest at spring.jpg34.jpg

The twins, Ms Barker and Nadine (14 years) -and of course, Shu-Buddy being macho

garden 062 (640x480) (640x480).jpg22.jpg

A couple of visitors late summer

timber_rattler taking a snooze.jpg

friend or foe jpeg.jpg

And - a rare sighting of that new barnyard animal - the anti-masker: See below

Following the conversation between you and Witch and Shaman for awhile and I'm going to have to join you - I say I'm not an empath nor empathic... but I absolutely bond with animals (and trees lol) If an animal is in pain I will feel it - if it is a domestic animal it's worse. This area is notorious for mistreating domestic animals - especially dogs. They get a pup, get tired of it, shoot it or starve it, or dump it. My county road is a dumping ground and always has been. Over the years I have taken in 24 dogs - I have gone and TAKEN a few right off their logging chains and into my truck in front of the owners (most of who were strangers but I got the word) and I have faced down a whole crew of drunk (really drunk) red-necks at the swimming hole who's big game that day was scaring then shooting them when they ran, a litter of pups (about 4 months old) that were born in an abandoned barn down the road... I was only able to save one as I got there to late - but I had no hesitancy at getting in their faces and would have had no problem making them eat those guns. When I first got here, the old timers (3 families) and I... all within a few miles of each other on this dirt road, all pitched in to take in the abandoned ones... but they all passed and that left me and my kids. Once upon a time my boys brought in a pregnant doggy (BIG DOGGY) and she proceeded to have 14 pups on the coldest night in Arkansas history - we were out in sub-zero temps past midnight bring in tiny pups and their mom - who all proceeded to take up residency in the kitchen all winter long. I was not a wealthy woman - at all... so it was impossible for me to have those animals spayed or neutered or give them good health care but giving them away was a trial because I had to keep going after them because of the treatment they would be getting from those idiots who took them... FINALLY I met a Vet in a small town close by and she took pity on me and the pups... and yes, kitties, several rabbits, and a pot bellied pig... and would give me emergency care and spay and neutered the ones I took in. That Vet has just retired last year, and I am down to 3 doggy's. I have lost another 3 in the last 4 years and it almost killed me. But they have all led good lives (as we could give them) here in the woods and they truly TRULY have been my best friends for all these years. I lost Roach 4 years ago to cancer (he was the first of the 3) he was 10 years old and the sweetest most mischievous and protective little Spirit I have ever known. My sister called the day I had to put him out of his pain and when I told her, she said "that's sad, but it was just a dog Sis" - I didn't speak to her until a few months ago. I have gotten so bad the last few years, I can't watch a movie I think MIGHT have a hurt animal in the plot. lol

So, God Bless all those human's who understand that animals are so far beyond our intelligence, wisdom, capabilities, and compassion's, that many times they give their lives and STILL their love for us is unconditional. THEY are the Guardians - we are just not to that level of Spiritual understanding and can't comprehend that thing.

My sweet boy - Roach

View attachment 28230

Shu-Buddy ruling the roost
View attachment 28232

The twins, Ms Barker and Nadine (14 years) -and of course, Shu-Buddy being macho

View attachment 28231

A couple of visitors late summer

View attachment 28233

View attachment 28235

And - a rare sighting of that new barnyard animal - the anti-masker: See below
That story was horrifying at first but doesn't surprise me with some people,maybe we should pity them because these actions are sure to come back at them.If you like animals I like you and keep up the good work.I don't know about mr snake though,lol.

I hear you, Donna, about not being able to watch anything where an animal might be hurt. We were once watching something where a horse was being killed and I got up and left the room to cry. Now Mr. Garnet knows to warn me if he knows there are any animals being hurt in a movie. Then I won't watch.

I read your story and totally agree about animals and the bond with us ,well some of us. I have been involved with cat rescue for about 15 years and probably helped foster or take about 100 plus cats, kittens, etc. Probably more to be honest but I never counted. It all started when a little stray named max came into my life and it was never the same again. I mean that in a good way. I have had dogs I have loved but never had a cat because I was allergic. Max comes along and im not allergic to him which was a miracle in a sense. after learning about max and cats we started fostering. I have bottle fed little kittens on many occasions. We took a break about two months ago after many batches of mommies and little kittens and me cleaning the carpets, room where they live. etc. The last group were very sickly and we had to spend a lot of time at the vet with them which made me very worried / They all pulled through but it was a hard group of beautiful little furry personalities. I too have a hard time dealing with people who hurt animals and cant believe that they exist but they do. Karma is a real thing so it wont be easy on them . My goose friend rudy who we took care of last winter now almost has a full fledged wing grown back. Some pathetic person ran his whole goose family over while crossing the road nearby. He hurt his wing but unbelievably it grew back i think. He hasnt left for the winter yet. Strangley the whole area here in n ohio has lots of geese and ducks still. They say its going to be mild winter. I hope so. I have come a long way from fighter to bottle feeding kittens. I like kittens much more than the world of competition and falseties that make society so empty. I hope when i cross creator says what did you do for my creatures . Then I know i am in line for the parties on the other side.

You all have me teary eyed. We are all animal lovers here it seems. It’s a good thing. Animals are a gift and we often don’t deserve them.

Reactions: ozentity and Debi
You all have me teary eyed. We are all animal lovers here it seems. It’s a good thing. Animals are a gift and we often don’t deserve them.
They are gifts from the universe, and they love us. I think we deserve to be loved! Just look at that beautiful horse that loves you, Lynne!

Reactions: Lynne