Pet Peeves

Leaving food out too long after a large dinner layout, such as a Thanksgiving. I am sensitive to spoiled food. I have gotten sick, very sick from meats not stored in the fridge. My solution is to put things away when it is obvious that everyone is done. I do this at my house and other family member's houses. Once I start, I usually get help from the host. I also volunteer to cut up the whole turkey to place in containers or bags.

Adult kids that think it's ok to raid the food cupboards and eat tins of steak as a snack - when you were planning on that being a meal for 4. Or eating a block of cheese over 2 days when you were planning on making pizza for 4 with it, and a lasagne, and several other meals.

Those! I won't answer my phone if I don't see a name I know. And they now text, too.
I had a number call me just Friday morning that I didn't recognize. It had an 844 area code and it's typically associated with scams so, I didn't answer. They did, however leave me a voicemail telling me that my debit card had been temporarily suspended because of fraudulent activity and suspicious activity so I called the bank for confirmation but everything was clear on their end. But lo and behold when I tried to use it, it had been declined so I called the bank yet again and they confirmed the number was one of their own. Turns out it was an oversight on their part and I got it unlocked.

Last edited:
Adult kids that think it's ok to raid the food cupboards and eat tins of steak as a snack - when you were planning on that being a meal for 4. Or eating a block of cheese over 2 days when you were planning on making pizza for 4 with it, and a lasagne, and several other meals.
I can relate...one year the day after Thanksgiving, I was at work and told my then teen boys they could have a turkey sandwich for lunch but we'd be having turkey leftovers that night. I came home to a turkey carcass! They had eaten over half of an 18 pound turkey!

I'm massively grumpy on a good day BEFORE the covid - but...

Bringing my truck back without gas... Offering to help in some way and turning that into a passive aggressive snark fest... and neighbors who call at 8:00 in the morning for no discernible reason... and CONTINUE to do so after I threaten to place the phone in undesirable places if it happens again.

I think my biggest issue here has been the TV wars. Which I always lose. Hubs has a penchant for Westerns, channel surfing, and really bad old TV shows. Example: I just watched all the way through a house hunting show he had on...until the reveal of what they chose. Because he flipped channels before I could see the ending. ARG! And waking up to JAG every morning has me grinding my teeth a bit. lol

My #1reason for NOT remarrying... the clicker

#2 - Laundry

#3 - Having to keep a schedule of ANY kind

#4,5,6,-100 - The clicker

My #1reason for NOT remarrying... the clicker

#2 - Laundry

#3 - Having to keep a schedule of ANY kind

#4,5,6,-100 - The clicker
Thank goodness I can watch things by myself. We each have an "office" with a desk top PC, and can watch whatever we want, then at other times we watch together in the living room. As a child, me and my siblings were always fighting over the television set, lol.

Reactions: 7Critter