Pet Parent Training, 101

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

This thread is inspired by new dog owner, jadamz.

She's dealt with feathered friends her whole life, but is new to this fur based pet program! Her stories of her new ward have had us all laughing behind the scenes here.

Please share your funniest stories and best pet advice for new pet owners out there!
329176628_742040224096225_408372275984783708_n.jpg

When I was a kid, we had a beautiful Cocker Spaniel named Phoebe. She looked just like the dog in "Lady and the Tramp." Unfortunately, she had a nasty habit of knocking over the laundry hamper and foraging in the dirty laundry. Even worse, she would chew the crotch out of the underwear!

So one day, an insurance salesman was sitting in the living room with my mother, trying to persuade her to purchase a policy. Phoebe came into the room, carrying in her mouth a pair of panties with the center chewed out of them. She trotted up and placed her offering at the feet of the salesman.

Lesson number one: Make sure your dog doesn't discover the laundry hamper! :p

When I was a kid, we had a beautiful Cocker Spaniel named Phoebe. She looked just like the dog in "Lady and the Tramp." Unfortunately, she had a nasty habit of knocking over the laundry hamper and foraging in the dirty laundry. Even worse, she would chew the crotch out of the underwear!

So one day, an insurance salesman was sitting in the living room with my mother, trying to persuade her to purchase a policy. Phoebe came into the room, carrying in her mouth a pair of panties with the center chewed out of them. She trotted up and placed her offering at the feet of the salesman.

My dog ate the crotch out of my pj pants. I had laid them out on the bed and gone to take a shower. When I came out, I realized he had eaten a lot of fabric! I grabbed him and opened his mouth, saying "You just ate my vacation money"!

Sure enough, he had to have $5000 surgery to have the fabric removed from his stomach.

Another time, I was taking a plate of brownies to a potluck. I placed the plate on the front seat of the car, and went back for other stuff. Meanwhile, my dog dashed past me, ran to the front seat, and took a brownie from the center of the plate.

I was already late, so I put him back in the house and tried to rearrange the brownies so it didn't look like one was missing. But there was still a hole in the plastic wrap covering the plate.

The hostess at the potluck said, "Those look good, and I see you already tried one." I answered, "I had to make sure they were good!"

Another time, I was taking a plate of brownies to a potluck. I placed the plate on the front seat of the car, and went back for other stuff. Meanwhile, my dog dashed past me, ran to the front seat, and took a brownie from the center of the plate.

I was already late, so I put him back in the house and tried to rearrange the brownies so it didn't look like one was missing. But there was still a hole in the plastic wrap covering the plate.

The hostess at the potluck said, "Those look good, and I see you already tried one." I answered, "I had to make sure they were good!"
Fast thinking! lol What kind of dog is this?

OMG! OK, GOOD info to pass along...lol

I have told this before so sorry to the senior members. When I was first married, I made my first roast and potatoes. I was very proud and was waiting patiently for hubby to come home from work. He was very late, and I had everything out on the table ready to go. Well sometime after I left the room, my dog must have painstakingly pulled the roast off the platter, (nothing was disturbed). I walked by and did a neck snap when I saw the roast was missing. It was too late to salvage any of it. All that was left was the bone she was chewing on. We had potatoes for dinner, and I think I remember crying at some point. We were definately on a budget and that was a sad event indeed. I look back and laugh now. Probably the best meal that dog ever had.

I asked some of the Forum "ol' timers" if it was common to wake up with their dog's butthole ,vacuum-locked to their leg/thigh/hip or whatever the wandering alien butthole sucker can attach itself to. Here he is attached to my sofa..

OIP.lx1TE4ptguDa57TG3SEryQHaHa.jpeg
OIP-7.jpg