Perhaps explicable videos, but still quite strange

Eden

Reaction score
Hey all, I know I haven't posted here in quite a while, but as of last night some weird things have started happening in my apartment. The lights in my hallway have started periodically flickering, but only when they're turned on--that is, they won't flicker when the switch is off, which makes me think that it's probably an electrical issue, but they won't always flicker when they're turned on--they'll only flicker every once in a while. And, the flickering isn't sporadic like I've typically seen with electrical issues. Instead, it's almost like it's rhythmic--in musical terms, for instance, it's like it's flickering to a 4/4 time signature. Every "beat", no hiccups in the pattern.

Additionally, my cat, Mouse, acted strange in the same hallway last night as well. She usually comes straight to me whenever I call her name, because I trained her that way, but last night she was incredibly hesitant to approach. Instead, she "stalked" me, like she was unsure of entering my bedroom. It's a little hard to explain, so I've attached videos of both incidents for your viewing pleasure.

Like I said, there's probably logical explanations for both of these. I just thought it was pretty strange and coincidental that they happened within an hour of each other.

I should add that the flickering of the lights began for the first time after Mouse demonstrated strange behavior, for whatever that's worth.

You can see both videos here, on my Twitter page:

My cat:
The lights:
I would appreciate any input! I'd love to see some discussion about this. Thanks so much!

Hello, Eden. I think the kitty is cute, but is doing what cats often do. Now, for the light's, when lights flicker, they don't often go off and on that way during paranormal activity. Looks more like a switch problem. I would consider calling in an electrician, to be honest.

That light pulsation could really be dangerous. Report that ASAP and don’t turn on the switch until it’s looked at by an electrician. I would rule that out first. If there is a energy change in that area because of this the cat may be feeling it.