Pens, Notebooks, and Bags

My Amulet & Crystal never leave my neck!!!

But honestly I always have pens I actually prefer pilot g2 pens they just seem comfortable in my hands, I have small legal pads and journals or log books & sticky notes that I tend to post all over my car dash (really frustrates hubby) plus my cell phone, tablet & compass. Then I also always have flashlights & extra batteries, along with at least 2 headlamps when my hands are full & can't carry a flashlight.

A small pocket knife I wear on a clip on my beltloop and personal alarm in my car or on my clip for when I decide to be outside the realm of common sense and go off by myself. Normally I also carry a dig camera & dig voice recorder bc I never know if I might need them so they are always in my car when I go anywhere. Plus a canteen of water & waterproof matches

So a short list but all I need to do what I do unless I'm called out for a case.... that list would go on forever lol

Reactions: Seahunter
do you guys all use field notes? there are some really cool limited edition ones too..

Memo Books, Notebooks, Journals & Planners | Field Notes
I love Field Notes. Their limited editions are cool. I actually have an annual subscription to Field Notes so I don't have to worry about missing any of the really cool LE ones.

And of course you have to have the Field Notes Fisher Space Pen to combine the best of both worlds! LOL

FN-19-Space-Pen-A.jpg

There are many brands that make the same size notebook as well:

Rhodia
Moleskine
Word Notebooks
Clairefontaine

Pretty much all the good paper manufacturers make a 3.5 x 5.5 notebook.

But honestly I always have pens I actually prefer pilot g2 pens they just seem comfortable in my hands, I have small legal pads and journals or log books & sticky notes that I tend to post all over my car dash (really frustrates hubby) plus my cell phone, tablet & compass. Then I also always have flashlights & extra batteries, along with at least 2 headlamps when my hands are full & can't carry a flashlight.

A small pocket knife I wear on a clip on my beltloop and personal alarm in my car or on my clip for when I decide to be outside the realm of common sense and go off by myself. Normally I also carry a dig camera & dig voice recorder bc I never know if I might need them so they are always in my car when I go anywhere. Plus a canteen of water & waterproof matches

So a short list but all I need to do what I do unless I'm called out for a case.... that list would go on forever lol
That's a great list, Tia! You have excellent items that are all important and obviously well thought out. Carrying a small digital camera and voice recorder are a great idea. If you were in an accident for example, you could get photos of the scene and the cars, and even get witnesses to record what they saw on voice recorder. Also record your own account, because you might forget details later on. I love the headlamp idea too, always good to keep the hands free no matter what you're doing.

Reactions: Tia

nice,Tia!!

Reactions: Tia
I love Field Notes. Their limited editions are cool. I actually have an annual subscription to Field Notes so I don't have to worry about missing any of the really cool LE ones.

And of course you have to have the Field Notes Fisher Space Pen to combine the best of both worlds! LOL

FN-19-Space-Pen-A.jpg

Rhodia
Moleskine
Word Notebooks
Clairefontaine

Oh noooooo I didn't know about the field notes space pen!!!!!!!! I really want to sign up for the annual subscription when my $ boat comes in....:0(

FN-19-Space-Pen-A.jpg

Rhodia
Moleskine
Word Notebooks
Clairefontaine

I missed the national parks ones...dang it

That's a great list, Tia! You have excellent items that are all important and obviously well thought out. Carrying a small digital camera and voice recorder are a great idea. If you were in an accident for example, you could get photos of the scene and the cars, and even get witnesses to record what they saw on voice recorder. Also record your own account, because you might forget details later on. I love the headlamp idea too, always good to keep the hands free no matter what you're doing.

Exactly Sea, & most people don't think of that but I have a friend who works for an insurance comp. who always says take pics if there's an accident and get all the angles & witnesses you can. But a lot of people don't want to stick around but some are willing to give info about what they saw if it's not directly to law enforcement. So they will either share what they witnessed or leave contact info on a recorder. And even if it's just the disposable cameras you have proof of the incident.

nice,Tia!!

Thanks Jad