Pens, Notebooks, and Bags

Yes, thought I had mentioned that previously. Armstrong taught flight testing and a few other classes in the Aerospace Engineering Dept at the University of Cincinnati for several years. I had him for three different classes. Good professor, tough but fair.
Wow, how cool is that! I have missed this before, but you're an Aerospace Engineer?! What type of work have you done?

How about a pen with its own tracking device for $50?

That's exactly what Cross' Calais with TrackR does!

Known for its modern design and wide-bodied profile, Calais is one of our best-selling writing instruments. Now we’re pairing it with a smooth leatherette pen pouch featuring integrated mobile tracking technology so you can make sure it never leaves your sight.
  • Feel the difference of writing with a fine Cross writing instrument
  • Pouch tracks your pen’s last known location via a smartphone app
  • Tap into TrackR’s Crowd Locate network of 1MM+ users
  • Connect to from up to 100 feet via Bluetooth®
  • Set optional alerts to be notified if your case gets separated from your phone
  • Locate your misplaced phone (even on silent mode!) by pressing the TrackR bravo
  • Add personalization for gifting with plain, silver, or gold debossing
  • TrackR bravo device is covered by a One-Year Limited Warranty
s-l300.jpg

Cross

I'm retired, but yes. I worked for the USAF for thirty-plus years as both a project engineer and program manager. With the exception of a few, short career broadening assignments, I worked in aircrew safety/life support equipment and did mishap investigation. Before that, I worked a couple years for a contractor developing analysis processes for first generation crashworthy digital flight data recorders. I've done a bit of consulting work since I retired, but have now given that up as well.

I'm retired, but yes. I worked for the USAF for thirty-plus years as both a project engineer and program manager. With the exception of a few, short career broadening assignments, I worked in aircrew safety/life support equipment and did mishap investigation. Before that, I worked a couple years for a contractor developing analysis processes for first generation crashworthy digital flight data recorders. I've done a bit of consulting work since I retired, but have now given that up as well.
Wow, what an interesting career! :cool: Now were you in the AF, or a civilian employee or contractor - just curious? Now you've got a very analytical mind, does that make you mostly a skeptic on a lot of the paranormal topics? Or, by being in the AF for 30+ years, maybe you know stuff you can't even tell us?? :alien:

Wow, what an interesting career! :cool: Now were you in the AF, or a civilian employee or contractor - just curious? Now you've got a very analytical mind, does that make you mostly a skeptic on a lot of the paranormal topics? Or, by being in the AF for 30+ years, maybe you know stuff you can't even tell us?? :alien:

I was civil service. Most people would consider me a skeptic, but I think of myself as a critical thinker with an open mind. I did work multiple black programs at various levels over my career, including B-2 and F-117. Others are, as far as I know, still classified. Keep in mind, however, such programs are often highly compartmentalized and you general only learn what you need to know to do your particular job. For example, working B-2 as a life support/survival equipment engineer I had no need to know how the low observable technlogies worked or operational details of how the a/c would be utilized. I worked one black program where I still don't know for sure what the a/c was, I was accessed just to the level I needed to meet their needs.

I was civil service. Most people would consider me a skeptic, but I think of myself as a critical thinker with an open mind. I did work multiple black programs at various levels over my career, including B-2 and F-117. Others are, as far as I know, still classified. Keep in mind, however, such programs are often highly compartmentalized and you general only learn what you need to know to do your particular job. For example, working B-2 as a life support/survival equipment engineer I had no need to know how the low observable technlogies worked or operational details of how the a/c would be utilized. I worked one black program where I still don't know for sure what the a/c was, I was accessed just to the level I needed to meet their needs.
Wow, you worked on some major programs! That would be so difficult for me to work on a need-to-know basis! I would always want to know more, and see the bigger picture! I like your description as a critical thinker with an open mind. I try to keep an open mind on all these paranormal topics too.

For those not familiar with RainWriter.com , they have some spectacular products. Their claim to fame is their paper which can be written on in all types of wet environments and does not degrade. This, combined with the pressurized refills, make writing in the elements possible for construction workers, first responders, etc. I first came to use this type of paper with SCUBA diving log books back in the 1980's. You can write on it with pen or pencil and it does not smear, even underwater.

Rite in the Rain has some great EDC and tactical kits, as well as some great recreation-themed notebooks as well. Check them out, they are durable and reliable EDC gear.

RITR-9255M-2T.jpg
I had a couple FMPs from when I was in cadets. One olive green, one CADPAT. i think it was real CADPAT too. Don’t tell anyone :eek:

Don’t know if I kept them or tossed them for the move.

Reactions: Seahunter
For those not familiar with RainWriter.com , they have some spectacular products. Their claim to fame is their paper which can be written on in all types of wet environments and does not degrade. This, combined with the pressurized refills, make writing in the elements possible for construction workers, first responders, etc. I first came to use this type of paper with SCUBA diving log books back in the 1980's. You can write on it with pen or pencil and it does not smear, even underwater.

Rite in the Rain has some great EDC and tactical kits, as well as some great recreation-themed notebooks as well. Check them out, they are durable and reliable EDC gear.

RITR-9255M-2T.jpg
Those little black clicker pens with the space pen tubes are pretty sick. Had one for years. Played with it so much that you could see the bare brass on the pen top.

Reactions: Seahunter