Pens, Notebooks, and Bags

The pens do hold their value pretty well too if they are good brands. The prices continue to go up, so even if you have a pen that is a couple years old, you can probably get close to what you paid for it. This would be the case for Montblanc, Pelikan, etc.

Just out is the 39th quarterly edition of Field Notes and it has a really cool space program theme to it! I may have to get a couple extra sets of this one! :moneywings::moneywings:

3m_all.jpg

COMMENCING COUNTDOWN

Fifty years ago, America was in the midst of a historic quest to land a man on the Moon. Our 39th Quarterly Release, the “Three Missions” Edition, celebrates the programs that got us there.

Each 3-Pack consists of three Memo Books, one each for the Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo programs. These books are full of facts and figures. They feature dramatic photographs of iconic moments from those missions on the covers, printed in full process color, plus “Orbital Silver” metallic ink and an aqueous coating. The insides are Finch Opaque 60#T white graph paper with the rules printed in an extremely light “Firmament Gray” ink. Those pages will be helpful in planning a summer picnic, or calculating optimal orbital trajectories and eccentricities.

SIMULATORS FOR 1:50-SCALE ASTRONAUTS
Additionally, you’ll notice these 3-Packs come in a slightly larger package than usual. That’s because each set also contains three “Punch-Out and Assemble” Mission-Specific Crew Capsule Models, for fun and education.

Now keep in mind that these models, when assembled following our overly-wordy instructions (download), will not survive reentry into the atmosphere, probably won’t float after splashdown and are unlikely to earn you a ticker-tape parade. However, they have been tested in space and returned safely to earth. Really:

We hope you enjoy this edition as much as we, here at Field Notes Mission Control, enjoyed making them. As we researched these books, we were constantly and dramatically reminded of the truly monumental achievements of the Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo scientists, support and crew members. Our thanks goes out to them, and also the current staff at NASA and the JPL. Let’s go back to the moon, and beyond!

FNC39_models.jpg

A YEAR-LONG VOYAGE

Year-long subscribers will also receive an exclusive item with their Summer shipment, an old-school water-transfer decal that’s perfect for your laptop, station wagon, or Lunar Rover.

Start a subscription with “Three Missions” and your first shipment will also include two 3-Packs of our original Kraft Memo Books and our “Tenth Anniversary” 3-Pack. This special edition features very early iterations of what would eventually become Field Notes, with all their faults and weirdness.

Then you’ll receive two each of the Fall, Winter, and Spring Editions when they’re announced. Our Fall Edition involves a ton of production testing and has been in the works for quite some time. Winter will blow your mind. Promise. Subscribe today.

For more information about subscriptions, and to see all 39 (!) of our previous Quarterly Releases, click here.

SPECIFICATIONS:
    Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.

Cover: Westrock Tango 12pt. C1S “White” with cyan, magenta, yellow, black, and “Orbital Silver” soy-based Saphira inks and an aqueous coating.

Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T “Bright White,” with a light, 1-color dusting of “Firmament Gray” soy-based Saphira ink.

Cover and innards printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color printing press.

Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with cover feeder/scorer & Rima RS 10S in-line stacker, with appreciation to Samuel Slocum, George W. McGill, and William J. Brown, the “Founding Fathers of the Staple.”

Corners precisely rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge SCM double round-corner machine.

Graph grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm × 4.7mm).

Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm × 140mm).

Models and backing sheet printed on Domtar Lynx 80#C in seven spot colors by eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill. and die cut by Nu Wave Die Cutting and Finishing, Chicago, Ill.

Water-transfer decals printed in five spot colors by Art Decal Enterprises, Long Beach, Cal.

FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.

All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.

UPC: 858493003714

Last edited:
Just out is the 39th quarterly edition of Field Notes and it has a really cool space program theme to it! I may have to get a couple extra sets of this one! :moneywings::moneywings:

WOW Great!!!

They are all so nice. Do you ever have a problem using them cuz you wanna keep them pristine?

3m_all.jpg

COMMENCING COUNTDOWN

Fifty years ago, America was in the midst of a historic quest to land a man on the Moon. Our 39th Quarterly Release, the “Three Missions” Edition, celebrates the programs that got us there.

Each 3-Pack consists of three Memo Books, one each for the Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo programs. These books are full of facts and figures. They feature dramatic photographs of iconic moments from those missions on the covers, printed in full process color, plus “Orbital Silver” metallic ink and an aqueous coating. The insides are Finch Opaque 60#T white graph paper with the rules printed in an extremely light “Firmament Gray” ink. Those pages will be helpful in planning a summer picnic, or calculating optimal orbital trajectories and eccentricities.

SIMULATORS FOR 1:50-SCALE ASTRONAUTS
Additionally, you’ll notice these 3-Packs come in a slightly larger package than usual. That’s because each set also contains three “Punch-Out and Assemble” Mission-Specific Crew Capsule Models, for fun and education.

Now keep in mind that these models, when assembled following our overly-wordy instructions (download), will not survive reentry into the atmosphere, probably won’t float after splashdown and are unlikely to earn you a ticker-tape parade. However, they have been tested in space and returned safely to earth. Really:

We hope you enjoy this edition as much as we, here at Field Notes Mission Control, enjoyed making them. As we researched these books, we were constantly and dramatically reminded of the truly monumental achievements of the Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo scientists, support and crew members. Our thanks goes out to them, and also the current staff at NASA and the JPL. Let’s go back to the moon, and beyond!

FNC39_models.jpg

A YEAR-LONG VOYAGE

Year-long subscribers will also receive an exclusive item with their Summer shipment, an old-school water-transfer decal that’s perfect for your laptop, station wagon, or Lunar Rover.

Start a subscription with “Three Missions” and your first shipment will also include two 3-Packs of our original Kraft Memo Books and our “Tenth Anniversary” 3-Pack. This special edition features very early iterations of what would eventually become Field Notes, with all their faults and weirdness.

Then you’ll receive two each of the Fall, Winter, and Spring Editions when they’re announced. Our Fall Edition involves a ton of production testing and has been in the works for quite some time. Winter will blow your mind. Promise. Subscribe today.

For more information about subscriptions, and to see all 39 (!) of our previous Quarterly Releases, click here.

SPECIFICATIONS:
    Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.

Cover: Westrock Tango 12pt. C1S “White” with cyan, magenta, yellow, black, and “Orbital Silver” soy-based Saphira inks and an aqueous coating.

Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T “Bright White,” with a light, 1-color dusting of “Firmament Gray” soy-based Saphira ink.

Cover and innards printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color printing press.

Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with cover feeder/scorer & Rima RS 10S in-line stacker, with appreciation to Samuel Slocum, George W. McGill, and William J. Brown, the “Founding Fathers of the Staple.”

Corners precisely rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge SCM double round-corner machine.

Graph grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm × 4.7mm).

Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm × 140mm).

Models and backing sheet printed on Domtar Lynx 80#C in seven spot colors by eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill. and die cut by Nu Wave Die Cutting and Finishing, Chicago, Ill.

Water-transfer decals printed in five spot colors by Art Decal Enterprises, Long Beach, Cal.

FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.

All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.

UPC: 858493003714

[QUOTEWOW Great!!!

They are all so nice. Do you ever have a problem using them cuz you wanna keep them pristine?[/QUOTE]

Yes! If I really like an edition, I will get another set or two to use and have one to keep. These things are crazy expensive on eBay, so I know I can always sell them if I want to.

[QUOTEWOW Great!!!

They are all so nice. Do you ever have a problem using them cuz you wanna keep them pristine?

Yes! If I really like an edition, I will get another set or two to use and have one to keep. These things are crazy expensive on eBay, so I know I can always sell them if I want to.[/QUOTE]

I know.There was a campfire edition for 13 bucks at a store online and ebay was bidding up to 27 bucks

Reactions: Seahunter
Yes! If I really like an edition, I will get another set or two to use and have one to keep. These things are crazy expensive on eBay, so I know I can always sell them if I want to.

I know.There was a campfire edition for 13 bucks at a store online and ebay was bidding up to 27 bucks[/QUOTE]
Yes! I have been looking for some items, and I keep seeing the camping one you want when I am online! Plenty still available. :)

And the shipping is crazy expensive on those booklets

And the shipping is crazy expensive on those booklets
You mean on eBay? When I get extra Field Notes, it's always at a place with free shipping at $50 or something. For example, Pen Chalet doesn't have a huge selection of Field Notes, but I'm going to get the new Space ones there, and I can get a 10% discount plus free shipping at $50. PM me for the discount code if you want it.

You mean on eBay? When I get extra Field Notes, it's always at a place with free shipping at $50 or something. For example, Pen Chalet doesn't have a huge selection of Field Notes, but I'm going to get the new Space ones there, and I can get a 10% discount plus free shipping at $50. PM me for the discount code if you want it.

you have this well figured out!